1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sterling

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Sir_Red, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Sir_Red

Sir_Red Well-Known Member

What's the latest on the lad? I fail to see why he lost his starting place to Downing. Understand he is not the solution to our problem but surely better to invest time in him rather than the waste of time/space that is Downing?

Is it something to do with this whole assault charge thing, does anyone know what's happening? Would be good to have a front 4 of:

Suso-----Sturridge-----Sterling

---------------Coutinho-----------

2. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I would swap Coutinho and Suso and yes that may be a future line up but at this point would go with......

Enrique---Studge---Sterling
    ---------Coutinho---------

Wisdom RB Johnson LB

3. Sterling looked stale and needed taking out of the side IMO. He had stopped taking players on and looked low on confidence. Plus, Downings form picked up too.

I think the time as come to drop Downing again so would like to see more game time for Sterling, Assaidi and / or Suso.

4. Sir_Red

Sir_Red Well-Known Member

Assaidi is such a bizarre one for me, in all of his EL appearances he's looked very sharp and a bit of a trickster, certainly better than Downing. Not sure why he has never been given a run of games or why we even bought him tbf.

5. Assaidi looked lost on his Premier League debut but it would be harsh to judge him on what? Twenty minutes? <laugh>

BR will have seen him in training and will have his reasons for not including him. I think he is a obvious dead cert to leave in the summer.

6. Flappy Flanagan (JK)

Flappy Flanagan (JK) Well-Known Member

Sterling was over played and worn out s Rodgers gave him a long rest.

Borini is in full training again. I can see him playing a few games before the end.

7. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I'd play any of our other option other than Downing.

8. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

Yep- Sterling started to become ineffectual in games i.e. struggled to beat his man, put in decent balls etc. He was a breath of fresh earlier on in the season but I presume tiredness played it's part.

9. Flappy Flanagan (JK)

Brad Jones on right wing.

10. Brad Jones on the wing la la la la la...

11. Flappy Flanagan (JK)

If only we still had one of Maxi, Kuyt and Bellamy still at the club.

12. Whole Lotta Lovren

Whole Lotta Lovren Active Member

Because Downing was playing better than him. I know some fans don't want to hear it but Downing is our second best option on the wide forward roles (Coutinho being first obviously).

Downing > Sterling: he became tired and a little complacent after the high number of games early in the season. Needs to bulk up a bit.
    Downing > Suso: I really, really like Suso but I don't know if he's ready to be a consistent starter in the PL yet. Although I would like to have seen him play a bit more.
    Downing > Assaidi: Absolute headless chicken, no match intelligence at all. He is 24 too so it's not like he's only a youngster with potential.

13. The artist JerryChristmas

The artist JerryChristmas "Massive old member"

He got a big fat contract and hasn't been the same since <ok>

14. True.

Anyone noticed how there was a massive rave about Theo Walcott and we had various threads about us possibly signing him but he's disappeared since signing his new deal too? I'm not one to say I told you say but...