1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Steed the mercurial jigsaw!

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by yogi2409, May 30, 2011.

1. yogi2409

yogi2409 Member

First thread so go easy on me!

Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on why since he joined us Steeds goals have diminished massively, not even on a sliding scale that would indicate age deterioration.

He has consistantly played between 25-40 games a season and hasnt had any major injuries to name however his previous goal totals read as follows since coming to England:

10 - 13 - 8 - 7 - 6 - 3 - 7 - 1 - 1 - 0

Obviously the quality of team/system played in could play a part but just figured someone might have the answer i.e. he's switched from Malboro Lights to Superkings?!

2. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

Welcome yogi.

As my moniker suggests i thought he had packed the fags in. Looking at your stats he maybe should start again

3. blackcatsteve

blackcatsteve Well-Known Member

I think its been 85 games since he scored a goal for us.

4. yogi2409

yogi2409 Member

Thats rediculous if it is 85 games, seem 2recall him scorin a pearler against Hull but thats about it!

Just think our lack of goals from midfield/defence puts way too much pressure on the front men 2produce regularly which you cant always rely on with every player having good/bad runs of form. Hopefully if Larsson does come our set pieces would improve massively which consequently could mean more goals from set pieces.

Who knows Steed might have a swansong season n bang 10 in, tho wen u consider Riveros has scored more then him this season it doesnt instill confidence!

5. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

He used to play more centrally at Fulham, but what baffles me is the fact he used to regularly score from the edge of the box.

If he shoots from the edge of the box now it's 50/50 if it reaches the goal line!

I have to say, i think Steed needs to be replaced now, without seeing any figures, i'd bet my life his assists tally is way down as well.

Great on the ball, and he's been a wonderful signing for us, but if he's contributing little in the final 3rd, he needs replaced in my eyes.

Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.

6. Mr-SAFC

Mr-SAFC Member

Last goal he scored for us was against Barrow last january!!! Still love the guy though! Steeeeeeeeeeed!!