1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Stating the bleedin' obvious

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Sooperhoop, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

2. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

Proper order too. I would be happy to finish in the top 10 with a sniff of a play-off place to keep things interesting.

3. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I saw that earlier today Sooper and wanted to send Les a tweet saying basically the same.
    The reason we cannot compete is because we wasted millions on 'wasters' thanks to Hughes and Harry.
    We are the ones that suffer because of their incompetence. TF and Bungle are also just as guilty.

4. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Appreciate I may be in the minority but I don't think I'd care if we never spent big money on a player again. We might be **** or we might be good but this is the most likeable QPR squad for a while.

5. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Nice one Wats. Although he's a bit of a klutz I can't help liking the Big German. Once Sandro and Caulker have gone we might have a lot of average at best players, but none that I actively dislike for a change. Mackie excepted.

6. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

TBH Watford i was like that once but TF has turned me into a spoilt brat of a support and i need to get back down to earth with the players we have.

7. SussexR

SussexR Well-Known Member

I hope that our days of wasting millions are over.

KooPeeArr likes this.
  8. hammersmith junior

hammersmith junior Well-Known Member

To be fair you can win this league without spending millions,we've done it before. All you need is a manager who knows his onions and doesn't take any ****,a team that's all pulling in the same direction and will fight for the cause,and a little sprinkling of stardust. Quite simply it can be done,you've just got to believe that you can do it !

9. sheffordqpr

sheffordqpr Well-Known Member

You have described Neil Warnock. Why oh why did we get rid of him?

10. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Just read the Summer transfer thread to see why Les has to keep repeating this stuff. Some fans are still expecting us to throw money around and buy our way out of this league. He is managing expectations, or trying to.

11. stanleyparkerbowles

stanleyparkerbowles Well-Known Member

It will be all the more enjoyable being top at Christmas and being called "The Leicester of the championship"
    Get and stay behind the lads and we will be fine

12. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

Yep, you can't moan about years of overpaid mercenaries and then complain when you get a team of players with possibly lesser quality but much higher work rate. We are a player or two short but surely we have that young hungry squad we've bleated on about for ages.

13. hammersmith junior

hammersmith junior Well-Known Member

Purely coincidental,not. !!

14. Chaz

Chaz Well-Known Member

We replaced Warnock because he's great at getting clubs promoted, but rubbish at keeping them in the top flight.

15. Rodney

Rodney Well-Known Member

Good. I feel much more positive seeing the sort of business we have done this close season than I have witnessing the efforts of our highly paid stars in the Premier League.

Over the Summer, I think we have bought some very promising young players for reasonable money, funded yet again by our long-suffering owners. If just one of these recruits turns out to be a diamond, the whole outlay will be money well spent. And I think there's a fair chance of that happening.

16. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

I agree with those who think it's a good thing but hope everyone realises that we are going to have to start punching above our weight to just stay mid-table, promotion seems a long way off at present...

17. EscapeGoat

EscapeGoat Well-Known Member

Echo what a few have said on here, I'm looking forward to seeing 11 players who are committed each game, and don't roll over if we go a goal down.

We're in a tough league this year, as a fair few teams fancy their chances and have signaled their intentions with big buys. We'll be competitive though, and we've got some talent in our ranks as well, all with points to prove, and that's a great position to be in.

I think Cousins and Luongo bring some real bite to our midfield, we've got a great Goalkeeper, and here's hoping Shodipo turns out to be the youth team regular we've been searching for!

18. qprted

qprted Poet Laureate

WELL WE SHOUXLD HAVE BOUGHT ROOFE HE WAS WATCHED SEVEN TIMES NOW WE EAT XXXX BUT COME GOOD AND WIN THE LEAGUE

19. sheffordqpr

sheffordqpr Well-Known Member

I'm not sure you have noticed, but we are not in the Premiership at the moment!!!!:emoticon-0100-smile:emoticon-0100-smile:emoticon-0100-smile

20. Chaz

Chaz Well-Known Member

I dunno if you noticed, but the question I responded to was 'why did we get rid of Warnock?', not 'why isn't he our manager now'?