1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Starting eleven for next season and players to axe

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Nuggets, Apr 24, 2019.

1. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

If we could get like for like then I would be on board with that but it's a hell of a lot more expensive to sign new players than retain existing ones.

He has not slated the fans, that's sensationalist. Load of players go through periods of being discontent or put in transfer requests and Jonas like others have every right to be discontent at Town in the current era. If his head got a bit big is Paul Lambert really not capable of pulling him to one side and bringing him back down to Earth and back out performing on the pitch getting the best out of him? That is what Lambert is paid to do after all. They said Paul Hurst was a poor man manager but this would take it to a whole new level.

I can see why we have ended up in this situation with the situation at the club this season and emotions running high and ordinarily, I would be saying **** it, he's just another player - but we are so short of talent at the moment we are shooting ourselves in the foot over this affair. That's why with everything having calmed down now and looking forward to next season if Lambert has got any sense he will be sitting down with Jonas in the next few weeks.

Then again, we are being relegated because of our lack of any common sense or being able to do the basics of running a football club so I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  2. Roystonblue

Roystonblue Well-Known Member

We definitely need 2 full backs to go along with Kenlock & Emmanuel who should be fine squad players in league 1 (Emmanuel could also cover at cb). At cb, we have Nsiala, Wolfie & Chambers. I also think Skuse could do a job there rather than Dcm. The only way I would keep Collins is on a pay as you play deal. Think Bart will leave. Can’t see us strengthening midfield as we appear to have a number of options as previous posters have stated. I don’t think lambert will change his formation so we are going to need the 1 up front to be able to play that role. Maybe Edwards & Lancaster to the side with judge just behind and then 2 other cm - Downes & bishop? Clearly the biggest issue is with the striker as this needs to be gotten right. After that, it’s a case of getting rid of the dead wood & probably improving the defence

itfcptc likes this.