1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Starting Afresh

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by JediCanary, May 18, 2017.

1. JediCanary

JediCanary Well-Known Member

2. Hairy Mary Quite Canary

Hairy Mary Quite Canary Well-Known Member

Sounds like Tettey said all the right things in his one-on-one with Webber then. Hopefully the new HC will get him back to his old self pre-16/17 season. We could use a handy defensive-oriented central midfielder after all.

JM Fan likes this.
  3. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

Tetty just wants to be employed. Saying nice things about the company you work for is certain to help your ambitions for future employment by them.

carrowcanario and KIO like this.
  4. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

Not a big fan TBH, loses possesion far to often and invariably gets booked trying to win the bloody thing back !

Slows the play up and doesn't know how to pass the ball forward, reminds me of a 'black' Ray 'sideways' Wilkins <ok>

carrowcanario likes this.
  5. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

As I said on the 'transfers' thread the other day, time for an upgrade <ok>

6. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Tettey's passing is certainly his weakness, but he's still one of the best at breaking up opposing attacks. Hopefully Louis Thompson will provide good competition for that position once he gets back from his achilles injury. Dorrans also offers another option with better passing, but less effective at breaking up attacks. Upgrades at a price we could afford would be hard to come by. I'd rather we concentrate on improving the defense.

JM Fan likes this.
  7. SuffolkCanary

SuffolkCanary Well-Known Member

I think Tettey could stay on as a back up to Thompson, we need to push the younger players into the first team now and if we are keeping some of the older players they can provide cover

8. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

I'm all for bringing on the young players but I'm not sure that Thompson is that ready yet after his long time out with his achilles injury. I think he'll start in the cup games (and there's a lot of those now) and U23 games to get fit. Tettey or Dorrans will start most league games for now, with Thompson and Godfrey available in case of injuries. With a stronger defense, that could be enough.

JM Fan likes this.