1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Prediction League Star Player Vs Wigan Athletic

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by patchy70, Sep 19, 2020.

1. patchy70

patchy70 Well-Known Member

Star Player League 2020/2021
    Wigan Athletic

Members only need to copy and paste the format below, post into a comment and make your selections, I will do the rest;
    1. 3 points (Man of the Match) -
    2. 2 points (2nd best performing player) -
    3. 1 point (3rd best performing player) -

Competition rules can be found here: https://www.not606.com/threads/star-player-league-2019-2020.375941/

Each thread will remain open until the following times;
    Saturday games will close on a Tuesday evening
    Sunday games will close on a Wednesday evening
    Monday games will close on a Thursday evening
    Tuesday games will close on a Friday evening
    Wednesday games will close on a Saturday evening
    Friday games will close on a Monday evening

2. patchy70

patchy70 Well-Known Member

1) Jordan Graham
    2) Vadaine Oliver
    3) Trae Coyle

brb likes this.
  3. brb

brb CR250

1. Jordan Graham, without a shadow of doubt, an amazing performance by one cool headed player. If only that corner had gone in, stunning!
    2. Jack Tucker, today the defence showed it's weaknesses with the two goals conceded, and I won't lie, I was nervous as hell.
    3. Trae Coyle, there is any number of players I could have given third place to, but I've give it to Trae, for an improved performance and sometimes that is hard to do. To score as well.

I didn't like the Hull game one bit, but today the lads excited me, anything less than the three points would have been heart breaking.

grumpygit and patchy70 like this.
  4. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

1. Graham. a Gills player scoring 2 goals, we don't see it often.
    2. Coyle. Getting better every time I see him.
    3. Eccles. With Dempsey and O'Keefe missing the midfield looked good I could have picked any of them.

brb likes this.
  5. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

1. Graham.
    2. Robertson
    3. Tucker
    4. the rest of the team - for a much more ''team-like'' performance........ now for consistency !

brb likes this.
  6. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Good to see fans back over there. I think we will be fine when it is our turn. If less than 2500 which is probably all season ticket holders. Probably less as all had not renewed yet

7. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

I wish I could share your optimism ! I personally think that the Government are in a difficult position. They don't know whether to twist or stick - when it comes to what policies / guidelines / rules to set - to try to address the spike in the infection rate -- not helped by the complete lack of common sense by the Great British Yob !
    I have serious doubts that even 2500 fans will be permitted in our ground (( I really hope that I am wrong )) -- but - with 19 days to go to our next Home league game ( not including Blackpool ), the infection rate may be 50,000 a day by then ! This sort of figure ( not ridiculous to contemplate at current levels ), would give little room for relaxing any restriction......... don't be surprised if there is no return for Gills fans until 2021.............................. and then we get the FA and Government giving NOTHING to EFL clubs --- and caring even less about their fate !.......

The Premier league season has started - without fans ---- and what is the financial consequence for the clubs ?? - barely loose change in terms of their level of income -- because they will still get the TV £ Millions from Sky, BT etc..... what will EFL clubs get --- sweet FA ! ......... and the FA won't care --- they won't actually care if no other league, other than the EPL were to exist.

I fear for the existence of many L1 & L2 clubs after this season - if ( I mean when ), no money is coming in without the fans. It's high time that the FA recognises the unique position that a humble club in the lower league, holds within their communities - and the associated reliance, by so many businesses in each town, of a League football club.... The FA should look to have a much fairer distribution of TV money --------- it owes clubs in the lower leagues --- not least for the ridiculous state of affairs of having L1 & L2 matches on the same night as televised Champions League games... oh well --- I wasted a few more minutes of my life - banging my head against a brick wall !

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020