1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Prediction League Star Player Vs Hull City

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by patchy70, Sep 12, 2020.

1. patchy70

patchy70 Well-Known Member

Star Player League 2020/2021
    Hull City

Members only need to copy and paste the format below, post into a comment and make your selections, I will do the rest;
    1. 3 points (Man of the Match) -
    2. 2 points (2nd best performing player) -
    3. 1 point (3rd best performing player) -

Competition rules can be found here: https://www.not606.com/threads/star-player-league-2019-2020.375941/

Each thread will remain open until the following times;
    Saturday games will close on a Tuesday evening
    Sunday games will close on a Wednesday evening
    Monday games will close on a Thursday evening
    Tuesday games will close on a Friday evening
    Wednesday games will close on a Saturday evening
    Friday games will close on a Monday evening

2. brb

brb CR250

This should be interesting <laugh>

Go on, I'll get the ball running, but none of them deserve it...

1. O'gilvie for his first half performance and also for the bantz with @alwaysright
    2. Jordon Graham, like O'gilvie he tried to make his presence felt, somewhere in the game.
    3. Robertson it aint his fault we have a bunch of snails, yeah he got the yellow as soon has he come on, but at least he tried.

Akinde was there somewhere, just don't know where, albiet he's big enough. as for Medley, I feel mean, but not for me on this ocassion.

grumpygit likes this.
  3. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

It's got to be the Hull goalkeeper !
    The most memorable thing I can remember is his time wasting..... especially when the ball went off for a Hull goal kick. The ball went off at the corner flag on the Gordon Road side.... The keeper ignored other balls lined up behind the goal - he strolled to retrieve the ball, then strolled back - to the OPPOSITE side of the 6 yard line ((( and thus ignoring the available balls - which were MUCH closer behind the goal )))
    I'm not surprised that the referee took no action - he was probably more bored of the game than me.

4. alwaysright

Coyle gets a minus point from me - he was playing at LEFT BACK ( how dare he ), in the absence of O'Gilvie ( who had gone shopping ), when he failed to cut out the cross for Hull's first goal ----but Coyle gets a plus point from me for being in the same postcode as the Hull player - O'Gilvie would need a satnav to know where LEFTBACK is supposed to be.............. is that enough bants for you, brb ?

grumpygit and brb like this.
  5. brb

brb CR250

Can you draw me a map?

Only reason I ask, is you must have put the wrong postcode in your satnav, O''' '' '' gilvie was defo at left back in ME7 yesterday. I'm sure Coyle was still in a North London postcode.

grumpygit likes this.
  6. alwaysright

If you care to look again - you will see that O'Gilvie was in the centre of the midfield when Hull scored their first goal. The Gills player AT leftback was Coyle - or whoever it was wearing the number 11 shirt -- I'm fairly sure it wasn't O'Gilvie or even O'Givile - unless he had lost a couple of stone, a few inches in height and changed skin colour......Please don't ask me to do drawings - you won't like where I might want to put my pencil.

7. brb

brb CR250

Well O'gilvie was on the left when he was taking the throw-ins, maybe he just went for a wander to the centre to get a bit of sun. Anyway, I can imagine mushrooms must be growing a plenty, I bet they are missing the hot air to give them a boost - Which reminds me....I bet the lino that side of the GRS, gives a great big sigh of relief at the mo, with only a gentle COOL breeze swirling from under that stand. <laugh>

And yes, you are right, Coyle was wearing number 11, although to be perfectly honest, I thought someone had stuck a bus stop on the pitch at first.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    grumpygit and alwaysright like this.
  8. alwaysright

Funny you should mention buses, and No.11....... Didn't it used to go to the cemetery gates ?
    upload_2020-9-13_12-8-39.jpeg

9. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

1. Akinde...........good first half but lacked any support.
    2. Graham.........again it was a good first half of crosses with no one but Akinde getting forward.
    3. Medley..........His goal line clearance earns him a mention.

brb likes this.
  10. brb

brb CR250

I was probably very harsh on Medley. Interesting we both seem to agree on Graham, and both of us giving him second.

I will not watch the midweek cup game, but will be back online for next Saturday's fixture.

11. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Surprised no mention for the ref. Best one we had this season<laugh>

alwaysright and brb like this.