1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Staplewood - What's going on.....

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by JWP is the goal king, Dec 21, 2011.

1. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

I think the answer to that question is in Iwonteatsk8's answer to the previous question.

2. MMJ

MMJ Well-Known Member

clearly he is a member of saints fc staff

3. NockyNineDoors

As far as I have seen, offices, canteen and changing rooms in old building are probably being gutted as there are temps up and all the trees around the north of the reserve pitch have been cleared. suspect it has to go slow cos it's all still in use every day.

4. ImpSaint

ImpSaint Well-Known Member

I think this post is quite accurate. We are stable, we hav emoney in the bank however that doesn't mean we are rich, and even if we were we shouldn't be going out and doing a Chelski/Man City.

IMO the Don knows how much he has, is happy with that and the plan is not to gradually increase spending to the extents that the top clubs are. More a case of being sensible and eventually those top clubs will end up coming down to lower levels of spending. they have to with the new rules and I don't think fake sponsorship of stadium deal is going to get past Platini, expecially with his hatred of the 'money rich' clubs in England.

So I think NC had a pot which was supposed to be in the 30 million area. That is for the 5 year plan. If it is spent in silly circumstances as many are suggesting then the pot is dry. I dont think the Liebherr's are going to top it up nor do I think they are going to say 'Oh the money's spent we can sell the club now'. So NC will be sensible (not tight) with that pot, ensure it is used wisely.

Then after the 5 year plan more and more graduates will come through the reserves and eventually into the first team, by which time the big Prem clubs will have to be complying with the UEFA rules so it's more a case of we will spend a bit more but not match those clubs because they will be a lot closer to us by then in terms of spend.

As for Baldock, it doesn't show he went for money? As Saints fans we may be a little biased but I would assume that a player faced with a choice of West Ham or Saints is always going to see West Ham as a slightly romantic, historic club rightly or wrongly. I wouldn't be surprised if Baldock had chosen West Ham if they had offered less than us per week!!!

5. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

Don't forget that this is not a 5 minute job . They have built temp building comprising of a lot of portacabins linked together , now that is done , they can start demolishing the building . it could take up to 2 years to get it completed , but fear ye not , IT IS HAPPENING :)