1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Staplewood - What's going on.....

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by JWP is the goal king, Dec 21, 2011.

1. AdamBanana20

AdamBanana20 New Member

The club itself hasn't got loads of money because we don't generate the same amount of money as top clubs in the prem,this is due to inferior prize money,gate receipts...etc.But our owner or owners(I don't know which term we should use now) are the ones with all the money.

2. Saints Fan4Life

Saints Fan4Life Well-Known Member

yes i know, but some people are thinking cos the owner has money, so do the club which isnt the case

3. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

Because obviously China is the epitome of a Capitalist society.....knob

4. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

I think we are stable which is more than many teams, but doubt we are rolling in cash. It seems we can offer 2-3 million for a player, but we have to keep a firm grip on the wages bill. We missed out on one player I understand because West Ham could pay (or were willing to pay) thousands more per week on his wages. Guessing..but I think the Leihberrs are keeping hold of us because of Markus, but it doesn't mean they will throw money at us. Nicola is working under constraints and that's not necessarily a bad thing as long as we have enough to make it into the PL.

5. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Who was the player?

6. Yuppie General

Yuppie General New Member

Am i Adam? Surely we would have seen some evidence of the improvements by now, especially as we went to press saying how progressive a club we are with our academy spending. Dont get me wrong, i love the saints and have done for many years but i just cant say im 100 per cent comfortable with the official communication from the club at the moment.

7. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Or isit because of the history we have had that you now still doubt the club?.

The delays could be anything, could be haggling with contractors to get the best deal. Could even be Saints aren't happy with the different stages of the build.

Just because the redevelopement plans have been approved doesn't meen they start straight away. It could be years after infact.

8. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

It was on the comments page in the Echo. Apparently (according to Cortese himself) we offered same as West Ham for Sam Baldock, but West Ham offered him £7,800 per week more than Saints would.

9. AdamBanana20

AdamBanana20 New Member

We will need quite a bit of money if Cortese still wants us to get into the champions league in the future <whistle>

10. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Nearly 8k more then we offered that's madness.

11. JWP is the goal king

JWP is the goal king Active Member

Some players arent even on 8k a week. If true, that is beyond stupid and shows that he went for the money in some sense....

12. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Do you remember the interview with Cortese where he stated that Saints were not for sale..? He also said that if the club was put up for sale he would have no problem getting the necessary backing and necessary money to remain on course with the ambition. Personally, I don't think Cortese is under tight constraints. I think he's setting some himself, because he knows a club has to pay for itself eventually, and he's aware of the financial fair play rules that will be coming into force fully in the next couple of years.

13. JWP is the goal king

JWP is the goal king Active Member

Or saving for his 54odd thousand seater stadium, champions league football and £200,000 a week wages like he said ;)

14. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Well indeed..! :D

15. SaintJabie

SaintJabie Active Member

Well done on getting your apprenticeship. Ignore the troll, he's just seeking attention.

16. AdamBanana20

AdamBanana20 New Member

Yes and he said that if the Liebherrs weren't interested in the saints anymore,he had a list of potential buyers who would want to buy the club and invest in it.

17. Iwonteatsk8

Iwonteatsk8 New Member

Yes, some SFC staff do look (and post) on here, we are supporters too!

18. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

I get the feeling Joey B is just a troll, he looks for conflict so often he must do it deliberately! Quite entertaining, I must say.

19. Itchen North Matt

Itchen North Matt Active Member

I don't blame him though. Club A offers you £8k a week more than Club B - No brainer. It's not like he would have been on much at MK, so £8k per week would be quite a lot for him. It's a shame as I wouldn't have minded Baldock playing for us, but it's completely understandable that we have a wage structure to stick to. West Ham can have their targets if they insist on offering silly money. They can't sign every player.

20. AdamBanana20

AdamBanana20 New Member

How do you know that?:huh: