1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Staplewood - What's going on.....

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by JWP is the goal king, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Saints Fan4Life

Saints Fan4Life Well-Known Member

Joey B you have acted as a complete and utter idiot - he is a 16 year old kid entering the world of work for the 1st time, its all about getting differing experiences, tasting new ideas etc at this age so stop criticising the poor guy

2. Saintharry13

Saintharry13 Well-Known Member

Completely agree.. While I don't want to get involved in tit for tat, in this case it's worth it. I'm a teacher and spend part of my job getting teenagers ready for the world. That is currently very hard, and finding teenagers with the initiative to try something new like an apprenticeship is quite refreshing.

Don't forget, it is largely down to the financial institutions of the world that ore and post 16 education will end up on its knees over the next few years and people will have to go looking for different ways in.

Joey, whilst I appreciate you probably aren't responsible for the current financial crisis, you have got to appreciate that people have got to start somewhere on the ladder- this is something that is a stark reality, unlike a lot of what the financial world live in... Hence the reason the world is in this mess.

SITGK-I hope you enjoy it, and succeed at it... There seems a lot of advice I can't add to on here and I think you know which criticism to ignore.....

3. olddellboy

olddellboy Well-Known Member

Quote from JoeyB

"This is a terrible apprenticeship, an apprenticeship in Engineering, plumming etc is worthwile, this is not."

For a "man" doing so well in a big financial institution, I would expect a better grasp of the english language! Surely it is plumbing not plumming? Unless of course, plumming is a new verb to describe the act of talking like a complete plum? Which of course JoeyB you are doing. To belittle a 16 year old as he tries to build his CV in order to improve his chance of getting a job in the worst financial clim ate since 1926 shows your true character. This crisis has been caused entirely by the financial institutions, and their gung ho attitude with gambling with other peoples money and lives. If I worked in the city, I would rather tell people I was a mass murderer than a city banker. enjoy your life - it must be fun climbing on the backs of the poor to bank your bonuses!

4. MMJ

MMJ Well-Known Member

i find it funny how easily people can get wound up over an internet forum

5. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

Anyway back to the subject , Jen the saint is correct . Work has started and is continuing as planned .

A friend at work is involved in the youth set up , hence my source of info .

6. saintgreg10

saintgreg10 Well-Known Member

Read this:

http://wideshut.co.uk/the-money-trail-part-1-root-cause-of-evil/

It might open your eyes a little more to what role you are playing in the money game.

7. Gordon Gekko

Gordon Gekko New Member

As soon as I saw the name on the top off that article, I couldn't be arsed with it, Balderson is a complete and utter tit.
    Something about my spelling, I have always been terrible at English and spelling, doesn't help I can't be arsed to proof read posts.

At 16 years old I knew exactly what I was to do. I played football which ment training 2 nights a week and games Saturday mornings all over the South of England which ment little time for work. Instead in my college years I would spend half terms doing free work experience in different places, Skandia, Accountants, B&Q, P&O.... Then I went to university and did charity work and sales work in a call centre. I also did a year long placement in my degree which further enhanced my CV. I knew exactly what I was doing....

8. Saints Fan4Life

well thats you isnt it? some of us dont know what to do, and try new experiences - there is nothing wrong with that now! everybody is different, you shouldnt criticise someone because they aren't doing what you did in your student years?

9. JWP is the goal king

JWP is the goal king Active Member

Everyone knows how hard it is to go a decent job nowadays.

I can confirm I will be working in the chapel, look out for 'David' on the name tag boxing day ;)

10. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

<laugh> this thread, anyone want to take out a massive contract on a ****ty phone for alot of money?.
    It'll add to my sales this year <laugh>

11. saintgreg10

saintgreg10 Well-Known Member

Well done mate, good luck to you.

Don't worry about people like Joey B. People like him lack any sort of humility and life has taught them no lessons of value. Just carry on as you are mate, because you'll no doubt live a more satisfactory life than people like him.

12. JWP is the goal king

JWP is the goal king Active Member

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/staticFiles/7b/95/0,,10280~169339,00.pdf - this is the link to what its all about and stuff. It runs for 24weeks and I should be qualifyed in June. Any job is a proper job in my opinion, as long you enjoy your life, what does it matter ?

Thank you for all the positve comments though, much appreciated.

13. Saints Fan4Life

just ignore joey b - your 16, its about gaining experience and it doesnt matter how you do it!

14. Gordon Gekko

Gordon Gekko New Member

Experience has to be relevant.

15. lallana's silky boxer shorts

The job sounds ideal! a bit of money at a young age, most shops and bars don't pay wages to under 18's now. I know I would rather have been watching Saints at 16 rather than serving bloody coffee!

joey b- if you are going to spread your seeds of wisdom over the internet, try and do it in an eloquent manner. The difference between "their" and "there" isn't lack of checking entries before posting, it is a lack of education and subsequently intelligence.
    Also, suggesting that taking voluntary work is better than paid work when trying to boost a CV is laughable (aren't you working for a financial institution). Money is better than no money, as long as employers see young people working, they can only look upon it a positive.

16. Saints Fan4Life

no it doesnt, experience whatever it is, is always valued - but do you know what joey b, i dont particuarly want to be dealing with people like you so im adding you to my ignore list and i suggest other people do the same

17. saintlyhero

saintlyhero Well-Known Member

Good on you S.I.T.G.K

When I was 16 I worked at the dell selling pies & beverages etc

The work and the experience has no relevance whatsoever to my current career but I had some good laughs doing it and managed to watch a few minutes of free premier league football along the way. Experience is exactly that, if it's bad you don't do it again and if it's good you learn from it and perhaps end up doing something you never would have thought of.

I would always recommend someone to do work which is customer facing as you get to enjoy the delights of the general public

18. Yuppie General

Yuppie General New Member

It doesnt look like anything has changed at Staplewood in the last year, i live in Marchwood. Am i the only one that thinks that we arent as flush as people think?

19. Saints Fan4Life

no im with you there - i think people think cos markus had loads of money so do the club, that is not the case unfortunately

20. AdamBanana20

AdamBanana20 New Member

You're the only one.