1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Staplewood - What's going on.....

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by JWP is the goal king, Dec 21, 2011.

1. AdamBanana20

AdamBanana20 New Member

<laugh>

2. Saint-Harry

Saint-Harry Member

I'm sorry, I did an apprenticeship and got a decent job. Obviously i'm not good enough for society either <laugh>

3. JWP is the goal king

JWP is the goal king Active Member

No reply Mr B ? Must be counting his pennies.....

4. SFCRich

SFCRich Member

That is one of the most ridiculous things I've heard anyone say!

You're doing a lot better than people who are unfortunate to be out of work!

*People who sit on their laurels doing nothing I have a problem with. Although, not students, I used to be one and they were cracking times. ;)

:eek:k:

5. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

You're doing just the right thing..get a variety of experience on your CV. This apprenticeship could make your application stand out from the crowd. When there are hundreds of similar applicants it helps to have something that makes your name memorable.

6. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

Good luck with your efforts.....but behave yourself.........If you are in the Chapel end on Monday....watch out there are two of us mods there!!!! I am right down the end near the Itchen end very near to the first ramp up. I will have my beady eye on you. The other one is more towards the centre. There is yet one more just as too start into the kingsland stand. You can't avoid us!!!! We are watching you........<laugh>

7. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

The plans for Staplewood were passed some time ago, but has much more happened. Can't help but feel that this development has slowed up without Markus. We have to get in the PL to carry all these great plans through.

8. saintgreg10

saintgreg10 Well-Known Member

You're such a bitter and dour person aren't you. I'd hate to have your life, you're a such a misery.

9. Gordon Gekko

Gordon Gekko New Member

This is a terrible apprenticeship, an apprenticeship in Engineering, plumming etc is worthwile, this is not.

Better ways to build your cv, free work experience is generally the best method.

Not being a jobsworth steward, let alone an appenticeship in being one. what do they teach you to do? walk up stairs shouting "sit down" then walk back down said stairs?

I have a life, I love that life. I have a fantastic circle of around 6 friends and masses of acquaintances.

Why do people have things against people working in financial services/instruments? Envy, surely.

You probably did a worthwhile scheme.

Nope, working to close a deal before Saturday.

I am far from bitter and dour, I love my life and am more than happy. You get this oponion from an internet message board, which makes your rationale for this statement redundant. If anything, I bet you'd love to have my life.

10. jenthesaint1990

jenthesaint1990 Well-Known Member

fran, the team has been in temporary changing rooms etc for about 8 months, the work started before the end of last season, im sure of it.

11. saintgreg10

saintgreg10 Well-Known Member

No, I wouldn't love to have your life. You work in a finiancial institution which means you are a cog in the great big coporate banking world. What's wrong with that I hear you ask ? Well i'll tell you what's wrong with that. People in your world are responsible for society blindingly consuming to support a failing economy and a faulty system. It's because of people in your world that we continue to use a long outdated capatalist system that produces war, poverty, collusion, greed and corruption. It's people in your world that contribute to the threat of our health and the destruction of our environment and whose greed and selfishness do nothing but contribute to the division and segregation of all of us in society.

You are probably a bitter person because you're coming of age where you realise that money, greed and consumerisim cannot be a sufficient or meaningful substitute for the important factors of life that would bring you true happiness. To add to that, you have a job in a corporate, self righteous and corrupted culture that blindly leads you on a path of constant greed and a lack of inadequacy because you fail to see life's bigger picture.

With all of this in mind - No, I wouldn't love your life.

12. jenthesaint1990

jenthesaint1990 Well-Known Member

seriously, shut the hell up, you're ****in boring.

13. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

Thank you Greg, I agree with every word of that. <ok>

14. Gordon Gekko

Gordon Gekko New Member

There is nothing wrong with working in a financial institution, many thousands aspire to work in this industry. Your statement is all sensationalist bollocks, I have no idea why everyone is blaming the banks for the failing economy... When taking into consideration China, everyone in China is a born business person, they all try to set up their own small businesses and make money. Over here people won't do that, they'd rather collect weekly dole money or benefits. If these people tried creating wealth, the country would be in a far stronger economic position.
    I assume you would like a communist state? because that's ever-so successful...

I am far from bitter, I love what I do. The money is a bonus, but the lifestyle is something I would not change one bit.

It is 100% fact that without the banks, and the bankers this country would be FAR worse off. The amount of income we bring in to the UK far surpasses any other industry.

15. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

I'd like to throw the communist dice, hell, we've tried other ways.
    People who want to work, will work.
    People who want to sponge, well they'll probably rob.
    Just as long as the plastic bullets & water cannons are ready, I think it would work.

16. hotbovril

hotbovril Well-Known Member

SITGK - Please please allow me to offer you some advice. The single most important thing in life is happiness. This is something that no amount of material items can buy you. If you are passionate about what you choose to do and always do everything asked of you (whether it be by others or by yourself) to the very best of your ability, you will always be a happy man. Success, respect and satisfaction, however you choose to judge them, always follow those who act in this way I assure you. I have no formal higher education qualifications and did not serve a formal apprenticeship but was lucky enough to be given and heed this advice by many people that I admired. Let me assure you that they were right.

Joey B - If I saw you having a pop at a 16 year old on the street, you'd need more than a keyboard to protect you.

17. Gordon Gekko

Gordon Gekko New Member

Communism only leads to more corruption, look at all communist states. You think it's tough now, well it would be 100x worse.

18. Gordon Gekko

Gordon Gekko New Member

That is how I have acted since landing the role and will continue to do so until I cango no more.

I am not 'having a pop' just stating their are better options.

19. JWP is the goal king

JWP is the goal king Active Member

Before you slate me anymore, I will post a link later tonight on all the good qualifications I get. It's not just being stuck as a steward for the rest of my life. So please shut up.

20. Kingsland block 37

Cast your mind back to when you were 16, did you know what you were going to do with your life? Really?!!!

At 16 it's all about getting the right life experience and sampling many different things to help make your mind up!
    For me I was still at school and going onto A-Levels before I worked out that I needed to live away for a few years, so I did. That allowed me to make the right choices and help me 'fall' into what I do now. I'm in Sales which is something you can't train for in much the same way that Investment Banking picks you.

If you feel there are better options then maybe you should be a careers adviser at a local school, something that is of equal value to society as what you and I do now, probably even more actually!! I consider myself a corporate whore but try to give back as much as I can - and that give back doesn't start with knocking down a 16 year old trying to make their way in life!!