1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Squad depth

Discussion in 'Notts County' started by goaerial, Sep 15, 2012.

1. goaerial

goaerial New Member

Interesting to reflect after the 2-2 with Oldham regarding the vast improvement in squad depth we have this year.

When Boucaud was sent off today, Notts were able to bring on Labadie (who has played well so far), for Zoko, and then Showumni and Campbell Ryce later in the match. Either of the latter 2 are good enough as starters in many teams in this league.

If you consider that Jeff Hughes and Alan Sheehan were both out injured, Manny Smith with a long term injury and Gavin Mahon not even on the bench, its looking really positive.

With Pearce out on loan, Notts look likely to get Stewart in and free Liddle to play in midfield. This will be close to Keith Curle's preferred line-up.

With a full strength line-up, Notts are going to do some real damage to some teams this year!! <ok>

2. cliftonmugpie

cliftonmugpie Member

agreed...........like i said goaerial this year we are far stronger than last, and tbh i think this league is weaker than last years.

Boucauds sending off was a crime to football, i hope the refs held accountable by the league.

onwards and upwards<badger>

3. goaerial

goaerial New Member

Yes Muggy, terrible decision to send the lad off.

I am sure that we'd have won that match with 11 players. The Oldham players response around the ref definately contributed.

I hope that the club appeal.