1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Spurs

Discussion in 'West Ham' started by Lee263, Nov 9, 2014.

1. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

No doubt? Then you knock yourself out. I would suggest there is a lot of doubt on that one. We are among the better run clubs in the premier league. You will be playing in a half empty stadium where you are miles from the action, we will have a state of the art, purpose built stadium. If you have no doubt after all that, good for you.

2. Lee263

Lee263 Well-Known Member

So well run you sack your managers every 6 months or so. Pinocchio will not last long, Levy's ego is too big.

3. Trick_WHUFC

Trick_WHUFC Active Member

This mini upturn in fortune you are on is just part of the spuds cycle.

EMPLOY NEW MANAGER > SPEND A FORTUNE > ENJOY EARLY POSITIVE SIGNS > EXPECTATIONS RISE > SPEND MORE MONEY > NEW PLAYERS FAIL TO INTEGRATE > DIP IN FORM > FANS SULK > SACK MANAGER > REPEAT CYCLE.

You will still be spending silly money and changing manager and finishing between 5th and 8th in 2025.

We, on the other hand are on an upward curve. Look how far we've come in the last 4 years. We have a settled squad which we will add to carefully each summer and gradually improve. New stadium in 18 months, new investment into the club. Yep, I'm pretty confident we can overtake you.

4. SpursDisciple

Forum Moderator

We spend when we sell, break even year after year on signings. I'll give you the hiring and firing isn't good, but I suspect Poch will be around for a while. Longer than Allardyce anyway. Were you one of the crowd demanding he be sacked last year?

5. Trick_WHUFC

Allardyce will be here longer than Poncho will be at spuds. It wont even be close.

Any spuds manager is just a bad run of results away from Levy pushing the panic button.

6. Lee263

Lee263 Well-Known Member

Just checked it out and barring a few days (literally) even if Sam walked today, Poch would need 3 more years to catch up. A manger... lasting that long as the Spuds? Don't make me laugh.

7. SpursDisciple

Forum Moderator

That wasn't what I meant. From today, Poch will stay longer than Fat Sam - imo

8. Lee263

Lee263 Well-Known Member

Well no, that's not how it works. I'll give Poch credit though, he's a good manager but he will have to work hard to not get undermined by that ****er upstairs.

9. Trick_WHUFC

I bet Ponch isn't even there this time next year.

They'll miss out on the champions league, spend a fortune, have a slow start and he'll be sacked.

They love a false dawn over there.

10. SpursDisciple

Forum Moderator

I bet differently, but time will tell.

It's my statement, so I'll decide if it works. I didn't say he would have a longer stay than Allardyce (although it's possible) but that Allardyce will leave before Poch.

11. I don't think Poch is going anywhere any time soon. The key thing that sticks out for me is the fact that quite a few players have come out and stated to the media that Poch's coaching methods are beginning to sink in with the players. That tells me that the dressing room is with him, and Levy usually tends to sack managers when there is discontent in the dressing room. Even Redknapp pissed-off some players (despite the fact that there are a few Spurs fans who seem to worship the ground that Redknapp stood on and won't hear a bad word against him). AVB and Sherwood both lost the dressing room to a lesser or greater extent. Jol was probably the only manager that Levy has sacked, in recent history, that hadn't lost the dressing room, but I choose to believe that Levy has heeded the obvious discontent that was expressed by a very large contingent of the Spurs faithful, when Jol went.

Poch has shown great flexibility with his coaching-style - a quality that all great managers have shown, down the years - and that is another factor that bodes well for him. He's changed the system when it's needed changing, and he's given our academy players their chances when other options have failed to deliver the goods. Above all else, his reknowned strict fitness regime appears to be finally paying off, as has been evident in our games against United and the Chavs, where we finished as the stronger side on each occasion.

No manager's job is safe - that isn't something that applies only to Spurs - and no one should become complacent. But, barring a major melt-down in relations between manager and players, I cannot see any reason why Levy should want to court further controversy by sacking someone who is liked both both players and fans.

12. Trick_WHUFC

I see the daft pr.icks are back to normal with a defeat at Palace tonight :biggrin:

13. Lee263

Lee263 Well-Known Member

I reposted this on their match thread;

"Hm.

Now that the "dream" is over, and normal service has been resumed, I don't think you'll be kicking the arses of too many of us top teams.

The likes of us, United, and Arsenal have CL places to play for; you boys need to concentrate on beating the likes of the Toon, Everton, and Stoke, to finish top half of the table, rather than bottom.

I look forward to taking three points off you, next time we meet. Watch out for the new boy, Harry Kane. You'll easily recognise him, as he's doing what Donkey-Carroll is supposed to do - score goals."

With a few changes of course, deleted very quickly. Stupid planks really never learn to not put their feet in their stupid mouths do they?

:D

14. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It was deleted because you were banned absolutely ages ago, as you're well aware, as I included that info in the deletion.
    The new software hasn't kept up with it.

15. Lee263

Lee263 Well-Known Member

Have a pint of bitter mate ;)

16. Lee263

Lee263 Well-Known Member

It's amazing but totally predictable. One week the Spuds win their annual cup final and the rats are everywhere. Next week normal service is resumed and the ****ers scurry back under their rocks. Love it.

17. Trick_WHUFC

They're a sad, desperate bunch Lee. I feel a bit sorry for them.

The thing is they actually believe they are a big club in Arsenal and Liverpool's class.

At least us Hammers accept what we are. A medium size club with a decent fanbase and an outside chance of winning a cup now and then. And that's all spuds are too.

18. Lee263

Lee263 Well-Known Member

Agreed, they cannot shake off the truth that they have more in common with us than Arsenal. It drives them insane to even think it.

19. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

They're a sad and pathetic bunch of twats that compensate their deluded opinion of their club with a humour bypass.

20. Lee263

Lee263 Well-Known Member

Can't wait for work in the morning.