1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Spurs well ahead of City and United

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Christiansmith, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Over recent weeks United have imploded: lost 2 matches they were expected to win against Blackburn and Newcastle (Ok the magpies was always going to be tough but to be destroyed by them?). Recovered slightly with the win over city but still unconvincing

City are now going through a slump. Draw against WBA, lost against sunderland, Lost against United, lost against the scousers. What ever the excuses, City is PLAIN mid table without Silva, Yaya toure, Kompany. These players will come back but will it be too late by then? The match against the scousers show how ordinary and midtable they are without these key players.

Spurs are flying at the moment. The best team. If only they can hold it or would their notorious inconsistency take over?

2. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

We shall see in May

3. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I went watching Swansea v Spurs on NYE and to be perfectly frank they didn't look like the best team in the league to me. During the second half it was Swansea who looked the far superior team.

The point being that Spurs will have dips between now and May and I know it's a cliche but the only side amongst the genuine contenders with this experience is us. I don't think we are in a slump as such, injuries and some bizarre Fergie selections/substitutions have conspired to give that impression but should we beat Bolton on Saturday and some of the injured players come back we'll be back in business again.

If we don't beat Bolton though, yeah, we're a slump. A big one.

4. superal

superal Active Member

As a spurs fan I have Utd as favourites - when everything is going against them they come back stronger and too many times in the past a couple of bad defeats has led to a massive run of wins.

It's funny how much Utd get slagged off yet they are 3 points off the top <laugh>

Utd and us both have a tough run of games coming up so the league table will start to take shape in March time IMO <ok>

5. TuckersLaw

TuckersLaw Member

Spurs are running strong but are mainly injury free and playing well.

We on the other hand, have been beset by multiple injuries to key personnel and have been playing like gash at times with a patched up side.

Yet, here we sit, level on points. Goal difference remains a telling indicator of how a team is performing and what their league position should be.

6. I'm sorry, fella, but that is wishful thinking.

We've been without Parker for the last three games. King has missed quite a few. Dawson is only just back from injury, having been out since the start of the season. Gallas isn't fully fit. Lennon is only just back from injury. Sandro, THudd and Corluka are out injured. Modric missed our first two games because he was unsettled. VDV has been niggled by an achilles problem for the whole season.

I know we each like to excuse our own side's dire performances and put them down to injuries, but I can assure you that our injuries have been just as bad and unsettling as yours, perhaps even more so.

Face it, we are simply a far better side than United, at the moment.

7. "Notorious inconsistency"?

We've never been title challengers in the EPL before now. How can we be inconsistent, let alone notoriously so?

It's Arsenal who have flattered to deceive, always setting their stall out to challenge, always only just clinging on for 4th. We've grown tired of them faking it each season, and letting North London down, so we decided to take on the challenge ourselves and show them how it's done. That's one of the reasons why you are now witnessing a North London power-shift. All the Gooners know about this, and they write frequently about it on their board, listening to Neil Morrissey records and slitting their wrists.

8. shaxi

shaxi Member

good point !

please log in to view this image

9. totsfan

totsfan Well-Known Member

yeah, we're here with a real challenge for you this time

10. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I take it you mean Stephen Patrick Morrissey, formerly of The Smiths?

Or does that bloke out of men behaving badly have a sideline we don't know about?

11. totsfan

totsfan Well-Known Member

course he does he's bob the builder, can we build it,yes we can

12. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Yeah I did wonder, interesting listening for an Arsenal fan though!

13. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Wenger the Builder!
    Can he fix it?
    Wenger the Builder!
    No, he's ****ed!

I sense a sleeper hit coming on...

14. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

London teams are renown to bottle it every year, Spuds will bottle it when the going get tough

15. Daveunited

Daveunited Well-Known Member

Fair comment,If we dont win it I hope you do

<ok>

16. Ferrari

Ferrari New Member

Spurs will lose to United and City again like the did earlier in the season. There finish 3rd though.

17. Redbrynner

Redbrynner Well-Known Member

Blah blah, something that has already been said about bob the builder

18. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

.<ok>

19. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bottling it is when you go into a home game with a title rival only needing a point to all but secure the title and lose <ok>

It's also when you are 3-0 up in a CL QF and conspire to lose and also when you only need a point to qualify for the CL group stage and lose to Swiss Plumbers and builders <ok>

20. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Spurs will fade, they haven't played anyone decent away from home yet and when they do they will lose points, they are flat track bullies but should still secure at the very least 4th spot <ok>