1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Spurs Music Forum

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by littleDinosaurLuke, Feb 3, 2017.

1. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Literally two pitbulls:

Still better than Pitbull.

2. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

Keeping everyone updated on my views of the new damned album...well, it's an album of 10 parts, basically.

This one's very good. It sounds a lot like someone was listening to 'Last Train to Clarksville' shortly before they wrote it...which is no bad thing, but I wouldn't call it a rip-off, just in the vein of a great song.

Buy a copy tomorrow and 'Feed Your Head'.

3. littleDinosaurLuke

littleDinosaurLuke Well-Known Member

17 years today since Joey died

4. littleDinosaurLuke

5. littleDinosaurLuke

6. "Thanks for that Brian"

For Joey.....

...Thanks for the memories.

please log in to view this image

I was looking at this gig advert on ebay, from 1991 just a couple of days ago. It must have been the last time that I saw The Ramones. I went to the Sunday gig in Brixton, although the Damned are advertised as the original 1977 line-up, I don't remember that being the case, as I'm not sure that Brian played but these things get hazy. I know that it was one of the only times that I've been happy to see The Damned as a support act. The Ramones were very good, as I remember. Unfortunately, I can't find any footage but would love to do so. There's lots of them at the same venue the following year on Youtube.

littleDinosaurLuke likes this.
  7. littleDinosaurLuke

A lot of nods to the past - The Who especially, but also Motown, The Kinks, '60s garage and psychedelia, jazz.......
    Not much people would recognise as punk.

8. "Thanks for that Brian"

I read a couple of reviews complaining that the new album doesn't sound like the first 3. Over 42 years, The Damned have had the time and talent to explore and create various genres. The great thing is that they and the fans love them all. Sure, people want to hear Neat Neat Neat and New Rose but also Limit Club and Alone Again Or and all the other stuff in between. There's also offshoot acts like The Phantom Chords and Naz Nomad and The Nightmares.

Punk? Sure. Heavy metal? Yup. Goth? No problem. Psychedelia? Got it. Rockabilly? Check. Pop? No problem. Glam Rock? You betcha'. The Captain even had a rap hit with Wot?

They play nights when they'll just do the punk albums and nothing else or others for psychedelia [although not recently]. They've also played support to themselves as different entities to please everyone, including themselves. Me? I'd turn up to watch them interpret the phone book. I've seen them live over 100 times and it ain't half enough. On their 40th Anniversary tour they did 2 shows where they did more than 3 hours on stage, including the whole of the super fast Damned Damned Damned, at the end of the gigs. Just as a reminder, they're over 60 years old

Have some snotty punk rock...

...and some Glam Rock...

....and end of the pier organ music

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  9. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Because, at least on a technicality, R Lee Ermey appeared on a Gold-certified album...

10. littleDinosaurLuke

11. littleDinosaurLuke

12. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

13. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

14. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

15. "Thanks for that Brian"

This brings a bit of a tear to the eye. The Croydon Festival 2010 in Lloyd Park. The Lightning Seeds, The Damned and Martha Reeves. Mrs B and I bumped into Captain doing his usual meet and chat with the fans and had set up them dedicating a song to our daughter. At 1:53 The Captain says..."Shall we dedicate the next one to a young lady in the audience whose name is Eloise?.....Where are you?"

He then points off to the other side of the stage where my daughter, Eloise and I were standing. Well, she was sitting on a crash barrier. She was 9 and wearing her favourite [at the time] "Punks Not Dead" t-shirt. They then played Love Song.....The Captain comes over and says "That wasn't right, was it?" and then "This one is for you, darling" and then they played 'Eloise' for her, which is unfortunately, only available in a 30 second clip. After, he and Dave came over to us and asked if she enjoyed it? I'd been going to see them for 33 years at this time and all I ever got was Rat Scabies throwing a pint of piss at me and Captain trying to sell me a size small T-shirt at a gig at The Star in Croydon.

I make a brief appearance in the very bottom right hand corner if you freeze the footage below at 1:47. Above the bloke in the black baseball cap, standing a head above most, is a devilishly handsome, massive head with grey hair but no bald spot, worth mentioning, at all.

"Helloooo, Gorgeous."

Happy days, my friends, happy days.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    Commachio and littleDinosaurLuke like this.
  16. humanbeingincroydon

17. vimhawk

vimhawk Well-Known Member

The lastest song by Sia is "record of the week" on Ken Bruce (Radio 2) this week. In total I've probably heard it about five times now and I'm really proud of myself because I managed to work out what she was "singing" on one of the lines!

> Don't know why Radio 2 would chose a song you can't understand as record of the week (not the first time Sia has been chosen).
    > Don't understand why being able to be understood while singing is not a fundamental criteria for making a song.

It may as well be a foreign language song!

18. humanbeingincroydon

Just a reminder, this is Sia's actual Twitter bio

i am sia i was born from the bumhole of a unicorn named steve.

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  19. littleDinosaurLuke

20. "Thanks for that Brian"

I'm tempering my extreme annoyance at today's 'performance' with alcohol and watching 'Stiff @ The BBC.' What a complete crock of ****. No Damned. No Nick Lowe. No Alberto's. Three ****ing Madness tracks, 2 by Tenpole Tudor [unbelievably, I saw them support The Clash] and Alvin '****ing' Stardust. It's not a good day folks. If they play Oliver's Army, the bloody TV's going out the window......

Now back to the music...

Now, that's a bit of what Stiff put out that was worth the ****ing effort.