1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Spurs Loyality Points

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by deedub93, Aug 14, 2012.

1. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

I appear to be the victim of some 'manual adjustments' to Spurs Loyality points. Many others on twitter are reporting the same. Anyone know anything about it? Some people are reporting nearly 600 loyality points being deducted.

2. O.Spurcat

O.Spurcat Well-Known Member

Didn't they make some announcement about this a couple of months ago ?? I vaguely recall reading they were 'starting again' by only counting the loyalty points accrued over the past 4 season or so.

Apologies if I am wrong on this and maybe misleading you, but I am sure it was something like this. I belive they reckoned there were fans with say 500 points yet hadn't been to WHL for about 5 years, so they were trying to reward those who have been regulars in recent seasons.

Not sure if this makes sense, but that's what I think has happened.

3. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

I missed that announcement, cheers SC.

4. junction8spurs

junction8spurs Active Member

I've just checked mine and I've lost 436 points!
    Still got 372 so that should be more than enough for the goons away!!

5. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

Yeah, I remember a couple of years back they were thinking of cutting them down, I thought it was going to be 2 seasons back then but 4/5 seasons seems fairer, although I'd make the points you gained from renewing your membership undeletable so those that have held a membership for a long time don't get totally screwed over.

6. junction8spurs

My understanding is that they've taken away x years of points to give newer season ticket holders and members more of a chance to get tickets to higher profile matches like wembley or the goons away.
    To me it's a lot fairer now.

7. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm not having a dig or anything but is that really fair if say 45 year old Spurs fan who has been going for 25 years, been to every North London Derby were to miss out on say an FA Cup Final against Arsenal to a 17 year old Spurs fan that has only been going for 9 months.

I only ask because Chelsea have adopted a different strategy and decided to keep last years loyalty points up until QPR away in order to ensure the more regular fans don't miss out.

We live in difficult times financially so I understand why Spurs have adopted this strategy but I wouldn't agree with it myself

8. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

Why not? Age doesn't really matter anyway but if the older person is only going to a couple of games a season(in order to have low points) and the younger one has been going far more often(to have greater points) then shouldn't the younger one get to go? If you work that logic backwards to when the older person started going he'd not have been going to NLDs from 20 years old because there would have been older fans who had totted up more loyalty points in there 20 years of going.

To me, it's making the system fairer on the regulars who get screwed out of big home games from time to time due to people that have just bought a membership having as much of chance to get them.

9. O.Spurcat

O.Spurcat Well-Known Member

I don't agree with it either and I am surprised there are some on here who say they think it's fair. Maybe I am biased because I bought a season ticket when we were crap and when we continued to be crap, I still bought one. Another thing is that although the club is quick to proudly boast of our supposed 20000 season ticket waiting list, it is a fact that only 4 seasons ago one could easily be obtained (I know because I bought my two sons one each).

I understand why the club want to cater for those who have supported every week for the past few years, but maybe they would have been wiser to wait until the new stadium was open.

10. junction8spurs

To me it's fair as a lot of season ticket holders pick up points for home cup games and only go to arsenal away whereas I know quite a few more season ticket holders who make 10+ away games a season but still don't have enough points for the arsenal away.
    This now means that they will have more of a chance.