1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sportato

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Le Tissier's Laces, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

Pretty much, though without the same range of passing. Stick him on the right flank in a really agricultural squad with one or two towering strikers and a fullback providing overlap and you'd likely see the best version of him. Only you wouldn't want to because no one wants a return to that era.

2. San Tejón

San Tejón Well-Known Member

When I watched the YouTube video of Lavia, it seemed to me that he is one of those defensive midfielders who is comfortable at sitting in front of the CBs, alone, and providing them with cover.
    When he returns to fitness I would be happy for him to be the sole defensive midfielder, in a 4-1-2-1-2 (midfield diamond shape) or 4-1-2-3.
    The 2 ahead of him could play narrow, through the middle, which helps give us a solid centre, and don’t take up the width blocking the FBs, but JWP would be the right side of the 2.

3. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

Which is what Jaissle plays :bandit:

4. StJabbo1

StJabbo1 Well-Known Member

Far to complicated. I'm a pullover goalposts rush goalie bloke as far as formations go.

5. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

The thing with JWP is that he always starts the season in indifferent form and it's usually well into autumn that we start to see the best of him and by the end of the season he is usually in the shake up for the Saints POTY.
    It's difficult the say how much he may miss his partner in central midfield (Oriol) for the past half a decade or so and if he has to adjust to a different role in the team. I would like to see him getting forward much more than he does currently making late runs into the box as he used to when he first broke into the team as he is a much better finisher now.

6. Le Tissier's Laces

7. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

As usual an entertaining and truthful read LTL! Would have liked a reference to 'middle aged men losing their **** on twitter' though <laugh><laugh>

8. Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc)

Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc) Well-Known Member

I think we all would but that means leaving Diallo or AMN alone to protect the back 4... I don't want that to happen. I think this is the problem, JWP isn't playing his natural game as his midfield partners this season, Lavia aside, have so far been woeful.

9. Le Tissier's Laces

New Sportato is here for you (and I can hear your excitement from my man-cave in London).

We're taking a look at some of the runners and riders should Ralph's atomic clock finally click through to midnight. Plus one fantasy option.

https://www.sportato.net/post/so-who-s-next-up

10. San Tejón

San Tejón Well-Known Member

You might want to revisit one of the formations you say Jaissle is using 4-1-3-1-2.
    Even Ralph might do well with that, unless it doesn’t include a keeper and is just 11 outfielders.

11. Le Tissier's Laces

Oops! Good spot!

12. Le Tissier's Laces

13. LincolnSaint

LincolnSaint Well-Known Member

Le Tissier's Laces likes this.
  14. Le Tissier's Laces

Ah thanks Lincs. I didn't particularly like this one, so that's cheered me up!

SaintinNZ and LincolnSaint like this.
  15. Che’s Godlike Thighs

Che’s Godlike Thighs Well-Known Member

Agree with Lincoln on this actually. Can't quite put my finger on it, but it just seems the most natural, if that makes sense. Or maybe it's because Lyanco is just a funny f*cker.

Regarding the 'not wanting to see routine football, wanting to see genius', theme, I wonder if Le Tiss had an influence on this. I often say to my non-Saints mates, that I wouldn't swap watching Le Tiss for 10+ years in a struggling Saints team, for winning the FA Cup (if that makes sense).

This even crosses over into other modes of competition; When I play pool down the pub for example, I'm happy to lose, just so long as I pull off the best shot of the game. Likewise I'm happy to lose playing FIFA, just so long as I score the best goal of the game.

16. Le Tissier's Laces

Possibly, but I think characters, and the players opposition fans love to hate are essential in any team. I think the genius (Tiss etc) is a slightly different kettle of fish to the character. Other fans feared Tiss, they didn’t hate him. I’m not sure other fans will fear Lyanco, but he’ll annoy the hell out of them, until the inevitable red card.

(And thank you!)

17. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

Now other fans laugh at a Le Tiss...but that is a different story.

Le Tissier's Laces likes this.
  18. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately for nonsense like this :(

19. Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc)

Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc) Well-Known Member

Whilst most the stuff he supports and spews out is crap, that particular case he mentions is genuine.

Lisa Shaw did die from vaccine induced blood clots, even reported by the BBC and, as far as I can see, they havent paid out.

20. StJabbo1

StJabbo1 Well-Known Member

"Many vaccine injured" is totally wrong. As stated at the inquest, as reported and born out in vaccine research, it was an extremely rare occurrence. He still gets the I'm talking bollocks badge and tee shirt for that bullshit.