1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Speculation

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by lewebster, May 23, 2014.

1. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

The thing to remember with Lallana is that he loves Saints...Mr Southampton and all that....he may be seeking a move for his career's sake, but he won't be suicidal if he has to stay.

2. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

Not foolish, more being realistic from witnessing the general direction transfers go, especially since the premier league started, and myself supporting a club which regularly loses its top players.

As always, its a waiting game to see who is proved correct but I know you don't hold much hope for Lallana to stay, even if you hope he does.

3. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

You might be right.But you have no evidence whatsoever. I refer you to the title of this thread.

In the meantime, while we all speculate, Adam Lallana remains a Saints player. As does Luke Shaw, and anyone else the press wants to make up stuff about.

4. pass the football

pass the football Well-Known Member

You know less than you think. There are no conclusive reports that an offer was even made. To infer that he must be leaving "from the general direction transfers go" is ridiculous. You could pick any player in the world and suggest they must be leaving their club on that basis.

5. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

I know you're being defensive (which is to be expected) but even if/when I'm provided right I won't be boasting as I don't want Lallana to leave saints, just like I don't want Mopo to leave and become our manager but this isn't about what we want.

Personally I would prefer Mopo to stay and your star players to stay and for us to find a better manager (for us) and for Liverpool not to sign Lallana and instead take a gamble on foreign players which are more likely to flop yet it won't be long before we get some answers to all this "speculation" and I hope to be proved wrong.

6. pass the football

pass the football Well-Known Member

I'm glad you'd prefer us to keep hold of our stars, but that makes it all the stranger that you are totally convinced, apparently without any evidence whatsoever, that they will definitely leave.

7. lewebster

lewebster Well-Known Member

Just like Gerrard to Real was a done deal a few seasons back, just like Benteke was off from Villa last season and just like Redknapp was to be the new England Manager.

There is such a thing as a done deal and that is when it has been signed and an official announcement is made.

You have said nothing new, no evidence to indicate anything is happening so I will take what you say with a pinch of salt!

8. ImpSaint

ImpSaint Well-Known Member

Just like Willian to Spurs was a done deal last year.

Just like Le Tissier to Spurs was a done deal years ago.

I'll wait till it is confirmed, thank you...........and I don't think it will be.

9. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

Cheers buddy :biggrin:

10. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Shaw is basically done, Lallana is. 70/30 done. I would never say a done deal tho as anything could happen.

Liverpool will up their £15m bid(which was rejected) for Lovren to 16-18m.

11. Channonfodder

Channonfodder Rebel without a clue.....

Well it's fantastic to be informed by such knowledgable people, who have impeccable sources of information!
    It makes me wonder who the hell this Les Reed character is with his "ITK" proclamations. What would he know about it!
    Thanks for the heads up. They're all gone. Pity!

12. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Who said they were all gone?

Some people believe just because the club doesn't come out with it nothing is happening. Reed himself can't really say what is going on behind the scenes as he needs to keep the supporters happy. Plenty of reporters close to Saints such as Blackmore and Peach have said about bids coming in for Shaw and Lallana and a bid rejected for Lovren.

I'm not saying they are 100% off, as I put before anything can change( their mind etc). But people need to at least starting coming around to the idea we may lose a player or two. Nothing crazy like the whole squad leaving. It's just what a club our size will have to deal with.

13. The Based God

The Based God Active Member

Tottenham were spending big very early on last summer, they always planned on selling Bale they were just waiting for the highest bid.

14. lewebster

lewebster Well-Known Member

If I were ads I'd either stay at the club I love or hold out for a Real or Barca offer.

If I were Shaw I'd stay until I've got a year or 2 left on my contract, there is no hurry to move on for him, he's even in the England squad FFS!

If I were Poch, I would stay til I retire!

Ok the last one is truly insane to comprehand nut the other 2 could happen!

15. I Sorry I Ruined The Party

I Sorry I Ruined The Party Well-Known Member

TBF, it's a quite a leap from "we may lose a player or two" to "Shaw is basically done. Lallana is 70/30."

16. Lovelocum

Lovelocum Well-Known Member

I have no idea what to make of the speculation. Krueger worries me though. Words like 'realistic', 'responsible' and 'sustainable'. I'm concerned KL doesn't want to push on for the big time but wants to 'sustain' our mid table status, reaping PL benefits in a responsible and realistic manner. I have no idea how things work in the NHL, do players hold the same importance?

17. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Did you read my post? I said I would never say a deal is done as anything can change. As it stands Shaw is basically done and Lallana is more likely to leave then stay. I just hope something does change (specially for adam). So we may well lose a player or two or lallana may change his mind etc.

But the main person I don't want to leave is Pochettino. It's not being negative to say it's looking like a player or two will leave it's being a realist. There are enough people that would know such things saying the same.

18. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

Beefy is, in point of fact, pretty knowledgeable (if by proxy), as he's gotten quite a bit of information about transfers long before they happened. People were quite happy to believe that information when it involved transfers inbound (and from what I remember, they almost universally came to pass; he was the only person repeating that we were still close to sealing a deal for Wanyama when the press was claiming that it was off), I don't see much reason to doubt him now that the news is less pleasing.

19. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

They both worry me now . No matter , any day soon Nicola is coming back with massive backing . We will sell nobody and push on .........

20. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

I do.

Why would I choose to believe something negative because - and I mean no offence by this - some random guy on a forum makes a statement unsupported by any evidence?