1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Southampton vs. Arsenal (FA Cup Fourth Round) 2016/17 Official Match Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by TheOXOCube:5pur2, Jan 28, 2017.

1. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

He was a lot better than I expected. The defensive side of his game was really good and he was also confident and composed when receiving the ball. Kept things moving nicely and didn't dither on the ball as some young players are prone to.

2. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

He just wasn't quite as fast as R-A and he wasn't taking as positive a first touch, but still a vast improvement over last time out.

3. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

<applause>

Really good post. It was frustrating when Giroud was our only option up front, but he got way too much stick, more than he deserved. With our options for interchanging that front three now, he is the perfect player to have in the squad to be able to have a different option up front.

I'm hoping we play Welbeck, Sanchez, Walcott against Chelsea, because I think those three will really give the Chelsea defence something to think about and will prevent their fullbacks from venturing too far forward.

4. Sign Da Ting

Sign Da Ting Well-Known Member

I was initially worried about Chelsea but I'm a lot more optimistic. They've got Liverpool before they play us and even if they end up not dropping points, it'll take a lot out of them.

We conversely have Watford before Chelsea and with all due respect, whilst they are a good team, they shouldn't be too hard to beat at home.

Hopefully, if we have no injuries going into the Chelsea game, we'll have our strongest back four and an abundance of attacking options.

I would start with (in attack)

Walcott Ozil Sanchez
    Welbeck

Bring Giroud in for Plan B.

I can't see Chelsea sitting back at home, which will play right into our game plan. Then again, after we beat them 3-0 last time, they may be a lot more cautious.

5. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Lovely attacking flow shown by the boys yesterday, totally blew away Southampton. Some vintage Arsenal there.

6. Tiddler

Tiddler Hoshu-tekina

I wonder what Cini thought of the result. Probably slit his wrists when the 4th went in :emoticon-0140-rofl:

PINKIE likes this.
  7. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

It does make you wonder why some people only pipe up when we lose .....

8. bobo_97

bobo_97 Well-Known Member

Funny nobody mentions iwobi in the front three and he has been a regular the last 10 games or so and got goals and assists.

TheBear likes this.
  9. woolstonian

woolstonian Well-Known Member

Saints fan here - you played really well and your support was awesome.