1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Southampton v Swans

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by PGFWhite, Aug 6, 2017.

1. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

He'd have buried the sitter Abraham missed first half.

2. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

So true

DragonPhilljack and Turkish like this.
  3. mustyfrog

Look on the bright side, a point I didn't expect

4. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

I doubt he has refused to play. More likely the Club protecting an investment which they will shortly realise. They would have egg on their face if he picked up a serious injury now.

5. mustyfrog

Madness is it not?

Stumpy likes this.
  6. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

Certainly not a good situation at the moment. Everything seems to be on hold.

7. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

No Corners and No shots on target, we'll not be this lucky next game.......<ok>

8. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

I planned this day and was looking forward to the game but after that display it has shown what a lot of us were saying that we have not done anything in the transfer market and spent our time selling players instead, How are we suppose to improve ffs. Our pre-season was not brilliant and how we beat Sampora ill never know....Jenkins said he was wrong selling our best players last season but he is still doing it......We were and are in our right to say No to selling Ash, No to selling Cork, No to selling Gylfi and No to selling hopefully not LLorentte...It is suicide when you dont have to do that....See you guys next week....Im so angry :emoticon-0121-angry

Turkish likes this.
  9. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

One of the most disappointing things today was a lot of our own fans booing Clement when he took off a tired Abrahams and brought on Bartley to ensure we got the point. We were getting battered at the time but his decision proved correct.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  10. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

I am afraid that too many fans are gung ho and don't engage their brains. First game away from home and we get a point. In the PL over the season the aim is not to play pretty, pretty football but to gather sufficient points to stay in the league. So a dirty point is better than a pretty, pretty defeat.

11. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

I'm pissed on a damn fine Malt, my gorgeous Wife is away with the kids for the weekend and I've got the place to myself, just me, my dogs and a fekking cat that hate me, until tea time tomorrow and I feel fantastic so its time for a rant.

Regardless of what happens with Siggy, we've basically ****ed this transfer window up anyway. It seems we haven't made any real attempt to replace him or buy what we need like a RB or a striker and I doubt the owners have nay intention of doing so.

What we have done is replenished the U23's for future profit and sales and we've also got a goalie on a free, a loanee for free and bought a low end midfielder who isn't good enough to get on the pitch, it would seem.

I like PC and trust his judgement so it is a big worry when he brings on Fulton as a replacement for Britton instead of the player we bought to replace Britton in the first place, namely Roque Mesa. We were told Roque is both skilful and experienced yet PC puts Fulton on instead of him, WTF is that all about. Is Mesa injured? unfit, please don't tell me we've got another Baston on our hands.

Another reason we're ****ed in this window is because of the price hike that's been imposed on the market by a cartel of super agents who want to control the game. That means that a lot of average players are now out of our price range and we stand no chance of signing any one of Siggys calibre to replace him. We wont get value for money trying to replace him so I cant see the board even trying. They'll just make phantom bids on Joe Allen so we'll start talking about how great it would be to have him back as opposed to moaning about our lack of activity, interest even in the transfer market.

That should not be the case because we are cash rich, the new owners are cash rich which brings me to the big concern I have, or at this point could have, with our new owners.

It is slowly unfolding, we'll know when this window closes, that the consortium of business men who purchased the shares for themselves without investing a penny into the club, have an objective, which is to maximise the dividend yield from their shares alone. They did not buy the shares with the intent of making Swansea City AFC a successful football club. I think this because they have owned majority stake in our club for over a year now and in that time they have not invested a penny into the club.

They have cut costs this season by getting rid of deadwood, Gomis, Tabernau, Baston etc. They have sold assets as in Barrow and Cork and have sold our crown jewels, Ash and Siggy. The players we have brought in have replenished the U23's and we've bought a cheap midfielder it would seem, in Mesa. Last January, in desperation only to get us out of the mess they put us in with Bradley they did spend money on Carroll, Olsson and Narsingh but like I said, to get us out of the **** they'd dropped us in. Last season before we were in the **** we could have bought Joe but didn't, we could have bought Bony but didn't and last year Nacer Chadli was also up for grabs but we didn't bother. This year so far, after the coo of buying Mesa, we've done nothing but feign interest in buying the same players we could have got so much cheaper last year.

These are our owners. Whatever they eventually sell Siggy for, even if its only £30m, that would represent a significant %age of the purchase price of the shares they purchased in the club. Add the TV money, sponsorship money, the money they'll make from the Liberty stadium when they are given the rites to run it, the money they'll make on season tickets, tickets and merchandising and from the dividends on the shares they intend to purchase from the trust etc etc, means they are absolutely loaded. So if our owners intent on making our club a footballing success then where the **** is the investment in the players we'll need to deliver that success???

I think we're being ****ed over. Hope I'm wrong but I've been told I get pretty sharp when pished. Here's to you my Jack brothers <ale><bubbly><ale><bubbly><bubbly><ale>:emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0168-drink:emoticon-0119-puke:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    PGFWhite, swantastic, Turkish and 3 others like this.
  12. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Take a look at @tammyabraham's Tweet:

13. mustyfrog

In reference to Allen, why bother with ex players, tbh he isn't that good.

swanseaandproud and 55282 like this.
  14. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

People got caught up in us winning a few games at the end of last season to keep us up and to be honest in nearly all those games we got lucky as we didn't play well, not forgetting that side didn't win a game in 6 before those games. That was with probably a stronger starting 11 than we have now. you are spot on unless we bring in 3 or 4 better players than we have now it is going to be another long relegation battle again. So get rid of Siggy as he serves no purpose sitting in the stand and go out and spend what we have from him on improving our starting 11, not squad players.

15. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Better than Carroll, Fer, Grimes, Fulton, Ki, Ayew, Routs, Dyer, Narsingh, Montero and now Leon.

Can't comment on Mesa yet as he didn't feature yesterday.

A lot of average players in that list.

DragonPhilljack and mustyfrog like this.
  16. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Trouble is, replacing Gylfi with Chadli still leaves us with a weaker side than last year :(

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  17. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Depends if we stop at Chadli. If we add a couple or 3 more, then the team might/should be better, despite losing our talisman

18. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Agree.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  19. mustyfrog

Very average, congratulations to our recruiting team please
    A tired 19 year old who does to all bar kick a ball around???? Who are the fitness people?? Sack them

20. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

Another successful tactical game from Clement. An away point secured at a destination where we don't normally do well. Southampton restricted as intended to long term efforts and their close range efforts made in haste under pressure. Downside is this tactic means we will create few chances but would have been really successful if Abraham had only got his header on target. Subs spot on with Bartley put on to secure the point. Good to see Fulton and Mcburnie getting game time off the bench something some of us have been calling for . This will benefit club and players.