1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Southampton v Manchester United

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by glazerfodder, Aug 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

So Martial starts the next game again then.

That point there is exactly what happened with van de Beek but without even kicking a ball. He was a decent player prior to coming in. We drained his confidence by "eaaaasing" him in. What boloney!

Either way, it is worse having a van der Beek situation than a Di Maria. Amad is also now completely wasted with Sancho coming in, and that is £80m wasted on two players. Get them involved and let them justify their own destiny for better or for worse - and just not with a game here and there which never helps them settle. They need strings of games to get settled and that will never happen by sitting them on the bench while we continue to buy even more players. Otherwise, stop wasting money buying players that are never going to get games. Might as well use our youth system to make up the rest of the squad.

Absolutely not! No more buying of players for the midfield until we sell at least two players. Why not draft someone in from the youth setup?

2. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Yeh I accept I'm probably more negative about Fred than others. I just think we can do a lot better tbh and have a feeling he will cost us more than any other player on a regular basis. But even if people rate him more, to play him alongside Matic was just an awful decision.

I'm not sure whether Pogba can be just as good playing deeper in a box to box role. While he occupies that left side, it means we play with two defensive midfielders and Martial can only play as the centre forward and Rashford when he returns will end up on the right rotating with Sancho. I don't think that will get the best out of any of the 3 mentioned.

3. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

With Varane up to speed we surely need only one defensive CM.

Should be a case of playing Fred and Pogba as a two, with Rashford(James for now, or even Martial) Fernandes and Sancho as a three, left to right in front, with a striker.

Ether Cavani or Greenwood being the striker. Or Ronaldo, if he realises he can't possibly sign for City!

Treble and glazerfodder like this.
  4. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Yeh that's what I'm hoping for.

It actually benefits Martial.

5. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I actually prefer Martial on the left to Rashford. No pun intended, but he is less rash in his decision making from the left versus Rashford.

6. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

We shouldn’t be tempted to Ronaldo back. He’s 36 years old and there’s a reason why Allegri is not desperate to keep him there in Italy.

His wages are insane and we would do better investing that money in a much younger player.

7. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

There's an old football cliche out there that goes signing this type of player will be covered 'by shirt sales alone'.

Now, I know this is bollocks as most fans are going to buy a shirt regardless if they are that way inclined, but there would certainly be a spike in revenue and interest by him coming back to United.

It's an absolute cast iron no ****ing brainer for me.

We get Ronaldo, he plays anywhere across the front as and when required, he's a proven winner and he'll push the team on to achieve because HE will want that legacy.

And City don't get him.

If City get him on a two year contract, it is them who benefit from this and we remain behind them. A 'much younger player' will not spur us on to the above.

8. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

It's not your money by the way. Or mine. I don't get why you care so much?

If the Glazers have to shell out for this, tough ****e.

9. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Agree 100% - if CR is available (and I'm not sure this isn't just an agent ploy to flag up his availability to PSG who look set to lose Mbappe) then we should go all out to get him if only for two seasons. We can rotate between Cavani and CR for this season and Greenwood can learn from two of the best goal scorers in the history of the game. If, as I believe, we sign Haaland next summer then we will have a strike force to equal the best in Europe.

The money isn't an issue - we're paying De Gea £375k a week for not very much, so let's go get him. We can sell Lingard, the Ebay auction for Jones has reached 55p and there is other deadwood that we could virtually give away just to free up the wages.

10. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Wrong attitude, Chief! This is the kind of attitude that leads to businesses going bankrupt. It is then that fans realize that the club had been mismanaging “their” money all along.

When sht hits the fan, it is the little people that are affected the most while the money men never lose. They never lose!

Bringing Ronaldo in for £25m and paying him £500k+ in wages for two years is the epitome of football madness. You effectively push the wage barrier for players like Pogba and others like him and it surely isn’t sustainable for any club, no matter how rich.

11. glazerfodder

Disagree. Additional sponsorship revenues will more than cover his wages and every player at the club would know that those wages are paid to very few players in the world - I would suggest it would be a motivational factor, especially as I said in a previous post, when rotating CR and Cavani would allow Greenwood to learn from two of the best ever strikers.

12. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Well guess what, looks like he's now coming our way so we'll just have to suck it up!

Winner in coming, who will also more or less self finance.

Win.

glazerfodder likes this.
  13. glazerfodder

I'll be delighted if this happens, but not at all surprised if he goes to PSG.

14. glazerfodder

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
    cytrax likes this.
  15. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Fine! I lost lol

glazerfodder likes this.
  16. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Maaan! I really don’t want Greenwood ever sitting on the bench. He is that good and that part pains me. But yes, he’s still young and will get his time.

17. glazerfodder

He's going to be training and rotating with two of the world's best strikers, that can only be good for him in the long run.

18. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Do you have any idea the impact he will have on Greenwood. It'll be the biggest thing to influence Greenwood guaranteed. And the rest of the squad for that matter.

19. glazerfodder

Can you imagine the ****ing noise when he is revealed at OT..... #goosebumps

Treble likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.