1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Southampton v Manchester United, Sunday 29th November 2pm Sky Sports Main Event

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Onionman, Nov 24, 2020.

1. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

<laugh>

2. West Kent Saint

West Kent Saint Well-Known Member

You ****er

thereisonlyoneno7 likes this.
  3. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

Top half of the PL according to the media:-

upload_2020-11-29_18-53-49.png

4. Saintkitagain

Saintkitagain Well-Known Member

5. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

This is actually Libby's fault for betting on Saints. @Libby , have you ever actually won a bet, like ever?

6. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

Was just thinking the same. Hope he never uses real money <laugh>

Archers Road likes this.
  7. Lemons and Oranges

Lemons and Oranges Well-Known Member

What does Libby use as currency? Personal favours? He must owe lots of people some pretty big favours <yikes><yikes>

8. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

The good thing is that we haven't lost too much ground with another one of the big clubs out of the way.

thereisonlyoneno7 likes this.
  9. SaintinNZ

SaintinNZ Well-Known Member

Okay so basically this week, because COVID the game is only 45 minutes. Bad news is we are playing ManU, good news is that they're giving us a 2-0 head start. You would think the boys would be laughing all the way to 3 points. ....But no.

Positives. We went 2-0 up playing poorly. Djenepo was very proactive. Adams is my player of the season. Romeu is like a different player this season.

Negatives. We were sloppy from the off all over the pitch. I can't believe we still have to use Long. Worst game from Bertrand in a year. We finished the game tired and even sloppier than when we started.

Overall - probably should have never gone in 2-0 up and on balance and weren't worth the win. We have NO depth at all to compete with these teams. Ralph needs a better plan to deal with difficult situations like leading 2-0 with 45min to go.

10. SaintinNZ

I think Walcott was trying too hard today. Looked new to the game, snatched at stuff, over ran passes, wasn't effective in the press. Had an ok game but probably the worst Ive seen him play.

mowgli likes this.

11. SaintinNZ

At least you lot get to go to bed, I have to live with this all day.<cracker>

12. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

At least Real Madrid lost as well so SFC are in good company.

PS: You can always enjoy the All Blacks returning to winning ways, however I stiil feel they are nursing their wounds from the mauling they got in last year's WC semi-final and that will take time to heal and recover from.

davecg69 likes this.
  13. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

The best part of working full time with Americans is that they won’t even know this happened.

AshbySaint and Archers Road like this.
  14. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

I am not back to work until Thursday.....so the plastics will have forgotten all about it by then.
    #spoonboy

15. The Ides of March

Hopefully, PSG can go to Old Trafford and stuff them! Hatrick for Neymar please!!

16. Lambertissier

Lambertissier Well-Known Member

We're in danger of sounding like the "big six" club supporters. For me, comments like "we were useless / we didn't turn up / we looked tired" etc are get outs. We hear it all the time when we beat the bigger boys. Hands up, we were beaten by a much better team today. They pressed us and made us turnover possession, they played through our midfield, much like we normally do. They've got great players, better than us, and today they deserved the win. Now to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and go again for Brighton and Sheffield Utd. We're still 5th in the league, we're above Wolves, Everton, Utd, Arsenal and City. Danny is hopefully back soon and Portsmouth are still in League One! COYR

17. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

I have calmed down a bit now, no idea why that hurt so much but all in perspective now.

Reflections:
    Man United aren’t a solid, well-organised team like we can be at our best, but with the likes of Fernandes, Rashford, and most of all Cavani, they have some world-class talent who can unpick the best defences.

It’s a little bit worrying that we have been poor for most of 2 games now, but if Danny comes on against Brighton and bags the winner, our confidence will be soaring again.

Jan Bednarek must never be allowed to go up for set pieces again unless we are already 4-0 ahead.

Ralph needs to get the whole squad in for extra training tomorrow, practicing passing accurately and keeping possession under pressure.

Positives:
    Thank God for James Ward-Prowse, Oriol Romeu, and Alex McCarthy, the only ones of our team who don’t deserve a roasting from Ralph.

Ole Gunnar Solskjær gets to keep his job a bit longer.

Negatives:
    OGS has finally discovered that Dean Henderson is a better keeper than De Gea.

18. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

I don't ever have o go back to work again.

19. The Ides of March

Rub it in!! It is not that bad in League 1 for Pompey as we are quite good down there. I feat that in the Championship. Pompey would struggle. And more often than not, Pompey have tended to occupy the lower reaches of the second tier in my lifetime. If and when promotion comes along, I hope Pompey are capable of challenging for at least a playoff place.

<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
    Lambertissier likes this.
  20. SaintinNZ

As we say over here yeah, nah. We were beaten by a better team with better players and crucially a deep bench but the comments about us not being at the races are legit. Right from the first 10 minutes we looked like we were lacking the edge that we've had for the last few games. The crispness wasn't there in our play. We started the second half well but lack of effort did for us, tiredness of over confidence who can say but we should have changed our approach with 30 to go and we paid for it.

OddRiverOakWizards and Giboman like this.