1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

SOUTHAMPTON v Manchester United: Match Thread

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Cowes clown, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

I haven't posted since the match yesterday, but thought I would add my two cents after I've calmed down a bit! Don't think I'll be adding too much new though.

Was absolutely gutted after the match, obviously before the match if you had said we would have lost 3-2 I probably would have been pleasantly surprised but the nature of the loss was pretty gutting. There were a number of stand out performances from the lads in red yesterday -Puncheon, Schneiderlin and Lallana in particular were all fantastic and the fluidity of our play going forward was a joy to watch I'm certainly a proud Saints fan on our performance as a whole. Unfortunately, the defence didn't put in a matching performance, coming up against Man United is never going to be easy but it was a lack of concentration rather than individual brilliance. I felt nervous whenever Fonte and Davis had the ball at their feet and hopefully the first 3 games are more a case of lessons learnt than a continuing trend for the rest of the season. It's too early to judge yet I suppose.

Anyway, onwards and upwards! Hope we can put in another good performance against Arsenal and start picking up points!

2. Wisescummer

Wisescummer Active Member

I thought we were excellent yesterday. We were beaten by a very good side which included one of the best forwards in the world. Every player can hold their head up high. Yes the substitutions changed the game. But not our substitutions, Paul Scholes was immense. His range of passing was phenomenal, pinging passes 40 or 50 yards out to the wingers feet every time.

3. Clem Fandango

Clem Fandango Well-Known Member

Scholes was their Pirlo. It's a good job United signed Van Pirsie otherwise they don't have too much up front

4. Dave A

Dave A Member

Great performance guys, I think the tiredness told toweards the end of the match but you gave us a really good game.

5. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

In the cold light of day you have to see that the only difference between the two sides in the end were a £24 million forward RVP and Scholes!