1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Southampton v Man Utd

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Matth_2014, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Stan

Stan Stalker

Pogba is the heartbeat of the team and is missed in games like this one. It's fashionable to say he's **** but it's also ignorant.

glazerfodder and Christiansmith like this.
  2. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Mourinho masterclass it seems, there's no manager alive who is better at shutting down an opponent, and he's silenced the haters as well with free flowing football this season. Can't complain as a fan.

We are missing Pogba in midfield for sure so I'll take these 1-0 shut outs all day. When Ibra returns we'll have more options as well, it's looking ok so far.

Thing that scares me right now about City is that the players look like they care. I've not seen that very often since Mancini.

Libby likes this.
  3. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Of course he'll be missed and the objective is to minimise the consequences of his absence. So far so good. But apart from the easy matches (did we really have any of those last season?) we will miss his rapid distribution to the front runners when we are under pressure. He turns defence into attack in a split second and pretty sure that the siege in the second half at the Saints would not have happened (or at least reduced) if he was playing.

4. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

In fairness they looked like that for Pellegrini's first season. Then they won the title, realised they wouldn't win the CL, and went back to not caring.

They've become the new Chelsea. Players only give a **** until they have won the title with their current manager, then under the bus they go and start again.

5. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

I disagree, the side never really seemed to give a **** about Pellegrini and were almost beaten to the title by a team with no defence. Certain players seemed to play with passion every game such as Kompany and Hart but the majority of them and especially the bigger players like Toure, Silva and Aguero were often missing. The strength of their individual talent was enough to deal with Liverpool's efforts.

Pep has them all grafting, and I've given that bloke **** in spades but credit where it's due to the fruitloop peanut head. Still plenty of time for that to change though.

6. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Apparently not grafting enough to realise that going to a concert in Amsterdam less that 48 hours before a massive away game was a bad idea....