1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Southampton v Leicester City Friday night football 25.10.2019 8pm

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by RedandWhiteManofKent, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Saints Fan4Life

Saints Fan4Life Well-Known Member

Slept on it ... still ****ing angry at such a display.

2. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

I'm not even angry. Just numb.

Archers Road and Saints14 like this.
  3. Libby

Libby 9-0

I know we mentioned it last night but I do want to say again how brilliant the support was in the second half from the remaining fans. Not that the team deserved it.

Refreshing to know that we haven't completely lost our soul yet.

4. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

As bad it was last night we only lost 3 points. Doesn't excuse what happened but I'm just going to erase it from my memory. I'm actually almost relieved we've got Man City next. Better than a team we're expected to beat in some ways as we've got 2 games to just focus on restoring pride rather than the pressure of getting a result.

davecg69, oldstocktonsaint and RSS like this.
  5. SaintinNZ

SaintinNZ Well-Known Member

Some people are contesting that the blame rest solely with him. You yourself haven’t yet offered anything other than blame on Ralph. I picked up on your post pre game for that very reason. Watching the game last night I saw the worst saints performance ever right from the whistle and I saw nothing at the start that made me think Ralph had screwed up. Same side that drew with wolves. Absolutely unrecognisable.

6. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

The prospect of Brexit, the relentless rain, getting soaked, 0-9 score line, my aching leg and the pains of old age, traffic jams, late buses or no buses, the prospect of winter, ****ing about with the clocks, litter strewn streets in a city that is so ****ty it is reminiscent of a teenager's bedroom, the prospect of trick or treat kids banging on my door, people's total indifference to homelessness, callous and uncaring society, lying politicians, selfish money grabbing business people, an arsehole for Prime Minister, the rise of fascism, a football manager who has lost his way, a spineless leader of the labour party, political disenfranchisement, **** all but that ****ty strictly on the BBC, poorly funded NHS, no Coppers on the beat, scamming and internet crime, cold calls, I am rapidly losing the will to live.
    That is why I am pissed of today not because of losing a lousy football match.

7. San Tejón

San Tejón Well-Known Member

Haven’t read through so apologies if someone has posted anything similar.
    Is it right, when he was asked if he knew what the score was, Ralph answered “nein”.

woolstonian likes this.
  8. oldstocktonsaint

oldstocktonsaint Well-Known Member

It’s being so cheerful keeps you going. Agree with you on all points. You forgot to include social media swamp. Have been expecting a humiliation for Saints for quite a while, just didn’t expect it to be Lester or 9.

9. garysfc

garysfc Well-Known Member

Not a lot wrong with that assessment mate.

10. AberdeenSaint

AberdeenSaint Well-Known Member

I don`t get it - last week, we defended as a team and restricted a good Wolves side to 4 attempts all game. Same team this week at home - a shambles.

11. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

You forgot people trafficking Godders, otherwise correct on all counts.

12. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

I don`t get it - last week, we defended as a team and restricted a good Wolves side to 4 attempts all game. Same team this week at home - a shambles.
    ------------
    The sending off and Yan having the worst game of his life. That was the foundation of what happened. But others went into hiding pretty damn quick.

Saints14 likes this.
  13. woolstonian

woolstonian Well-Known Member

I knew I shouldn't have ribbed the Spurs fan I work with about their 7-2 home defeat.
    Can't wait for work on monday.

Archers Road likes this.
  14. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Just want to say while your team was beyond a ****ing embarrassment to your club, fans and the premier league

You lot was superb. Singing throughout despite watching that shower of ****. They didnt deserve you last night

15. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

Good lord, I agree with Jeff.

16. RSS

RSS Well-Known Member

Sacking Ralph will solve nothing. He needs a right hand man, and he needs his mojo back. Losing 0-9 is not acceptable, but it’s happened now and it’s only 3 points. I expected us to lose to Leicester anyway, obviously the manor and scoreline are a bit of a shock. Ralph takes some blame, the players take a lot of blame and I’d say the owners do too...but they don’t care either way. The players and manager we have do have enough to stay up if they start working together again like they were second half of last season. But it is ultimately a temporary fix, staying up for another season. The club needs a massive shake up and it starts with new owners,..please.

17. Brinkworth Saint

Brinkworth Saint Well-Known Member

You have a point. I thought that constantly losing/changing managers was a poor way to go, but what’s made his situation worse is that HE keeps changing the team, before, during the match, not sure the players are really buying into his ‘way’ at present, and I can almost understand that. BUT they should not have capitulated like that, which suggests deeper problems. Is Ings happy at being pulled off? Some think at half time something happened there with him?

18. saintsfcfan

saintsfcfan Well-Known Member

If he goes.

Get Adkins in.

Actually no.

Don’t want his legend status tarnished because of the ****wit we have as an owner.

19. shoot_spiderman

shoot_spiderman Power to the People

But; never-the-less, you: still’ave punctuation!? :emoticon-0148-yes:

20. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

Oh I agree..........Oh you said Numb..........I could have sworn you said Dumb.........:emoticon-0138-think

thereisonlyoneno7 likes this.