1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Southampton v Chelsea 14/04/18 ....12.30 KO.

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by saintrichie123, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Brinkworth Saint

Brinkworth Saint Well-Known Member

More balanced view as I still feel MP2 whilst unable to adapt to the needs of the PL in many games, was doing what he knew best. Obviously it was not what was required, but, I place more responsibility on the shoulders of some of the so called quality players who failed to assist each other and the team and above all the board for did not carry out a rigorous enough selection process in the first place. It’s history now we move on and hope for the future and support the team until the final whistle, then a clearer view of options will hopefully be available with the right manager and a group of players who will see wearing the red and white stripes as s privilege and opportunity.

milton archer likes this.
  2. thebronze14

thebronze14 Well-Known Member

Away all weekend so I haven't been on but still absolutely gutted. Can blame the ref all we won't but the inability to hold on to a two goal lead is unforgiveable. Such a pity as this could have just been the turning point but now I fear it's too late. I keep getting flashbacks of throwing away a 2 goal lead against Villa in the 04/05 season. Like that season we might limp on to the last game of the season where a half interested Manchester based team ultimately relegates us

3. Dell1964

Dell1964 Active Member

Yep. Man U were there for the taking but, sadly, the team (Saints, that is) never turned up! No desire in evidence that they had any belief that they could win that day.
    Sat in my seat for nearly an hour after the final whistle....... felt stunned that we went down with a whimper!

4. jonny 'hasen' shuttle

jonny 'hasen' shuttle Well-Known Member

I'm still sat in my seat now. I'm going to wait until Bournemouth arrive. My phones running out of juice though - i wander if there is a charger in the directors enclosure

5. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Go and have a look jonny. There might be some cocaine in there as well, or at least a nespresso machine.

Velcro Roy likes this.
  6. VocalMinority

VocalMinority Well-Known Member

7. Dell1964

Dell1964 Active Member

VocalMinority likes this.
  8. VocalMinority

VocalMinority Well-Known Member

ah ok. i checked this thread, the premier league thread, the semi final thread, the saints stuff thread and the general football thread in case it was in there but that threads just too depressing for me :)