1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Southampton v Aston Villa Saturday 30/1/2021 8pm Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by BassettSaint, Jan 27, 2021.

1. SaintinNZ

SaintinNZ Well-Known Member

According to physiology room we had 6 injured, can now add Diablo, Walcott, Romeu to make it 9 and if Ings is out we break double figures. Top of the league, ma!

2. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

That’s what made it worse. Tubs Mason’s original decision was offside against Danny, as he hooked it over the bar after the Armstrong shot. Because VAR was called on regarding the penalty decision (not the offside) and decided against the penalty, the original decision of offside stood.

3. Le Tissier's Laces

Ah, I didn’t need to type out the above :emoticon-0102-bigsm

thereisonlyoneno7 and fatletiss like this.
  4. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Play less games for the players? They can’t have their usual recovery programmes if we don’t have access to the recovery equipment

5. SAINTOSPREY

SAINTOSPREY Well-Known Member

Clearly the papers have got it wrong.

6. OddRiverOakWizards

OddRiverOakWizards Well-Known Member

Just to cheer you all up: Mike Dean is the referee for Tuesday.

7. Velcro Roy

Velcro Roy Well-Known Member

Problem for me mate is I've been going to watch live football since 1962 now can't see the point, all the exiting bits are being removed.No point in going to live games anymore.So very sad.

Archers Road, garysfc and fatletiss like this.
  8. st_brendy

st_brendy Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yeah, he went straight down the tunnel. Fortunately, early indications seem to be that it's not as bad as the other two. Although Ralph did suggest that Jankewitz might have to start vs Man Utd (I'm sure his agent will be pleased).

9. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

Did anyone know that Mike Deans wife is a massive Villa fan .........just saying.

10. st_brendy

Forum Moderator

I'm with Billy in that I'm still just as angry as last night, and more so than any time since the league cup final.

I like VAR, I support VAR, I want VAR to work. But that is solely with the intention of eradicating bad decisions. So if we're still going to get them anyway, it defeats the point of having it. I'm not convinced that Lee Mason had a clear sight of the incident, so him not giving it by himself would be more acceptable - although still very grating. But Mike Dean has seen replay after replay. It's impossible for me to accept the decision consequently. Hence my anger. He didn't even see fit to ask Mason to look for himself.

11. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Does anyone know that Mike Dean’s wife’s husband is a massive tool?

garysfc, steve79, manxsaint and 7 others like this.
  12. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

<laugh>

13. Brinkworth Saint

Brinkworth Saint Well-Known Member

Great news, really helped to lighten the mood. Let's face it we'll have consistency with a high level of inconsistent and incompetent decision making. We football fans love consistency! Let's face things, playing Manure we've already factored in no penalties for us however our lot get fouled in the penalty area and the total opposite outcome when they are in our area. My Grandad, who died in 1965, took me to my first match in 1956, would not believe the game could descend into such a farce.

garysfc and ChilcoSaint like this.
  14. Negative Creep

Negative Creep Well-Known Member

Do you feel after so much controversy against Villa, that Mike Dean could be replaced on Tues?

15. st_brendy

Forum Moderator

I know everyone is saying that Dean is due to be the referee - and that might well be right - but I'm yet to see it confirmed anywhere.

The list of appointments on the PL website only seems to go up to matchweek 21 (ie this weekend): https://www.premierleague.com/news/1985775?sf242321235=1

16. Shandy_top_89

Shandy_top_89 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to Man U being given a penalty for a point blank shot hitting Stephens on the arse and rebounding onto his hand. Just to complete the farce.

17. SotonOldBoy

SotonOldBoy Well-Known Member

Just watched the game, left me with a very bitter taste in my mouth. Could not believe that a penalty was not given for deliberate handball and then the offside, a joke. What has happened to the game I played for 25 years, my reaction after the game was the same as others as I read through the thread, I am not sure I can sit down and enjoy a football match for awhile. VAR is so inconsistent and is subjective to the person reviewing the replays opinion. Mike Dean could have at least asked the dick head of a ref to take a look, but no, his is so sure of himself that he did not need a confirmation of his command of the rules of the game, I have read other posters comments on why both decisions were the correct calls, so if that is the case, there is not point in investing time and belief in a game that is micro analyzed to the nth degree week in week out. Just another observation, the Villa Players and manager did not do much in celebrating after the final whistle, because they knew they had gotten away with 3 undeserved points. In other news, our decision making for our passing around the goal has to improve and Theo is not the same person we sold to Arsenal.

18. Brinkworth Saint

Brinkworth Saint Well-Known Member

You know that or similar will happen!

19. RedandWhiteManofKent

RedandWhiteManofKent Well-Known Member

I felt really ill yesterday, wasn't on here and even went to bed early and didn't watch the game. Recorded it instead.

Woke up today feeling tons better. Watched the game without knowing the score. Feel worse than I did yesterday<laugh>.

I can't add anymore ********* to the ***********s already said.

20. Le Tissier's Laces

Shall we lock this thread, so we can forget this ****show ever happened?