1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Southampton not606 World Cup fantasy league

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by sotonsaint, Jun 3, 2018.

1. sotonsaint

sotonsaint Well-Known Member

Not to much interest being shown in this so far so may have to cancel it if we don’t get enough players enter...

https://www.dreamteamfc.com

I’m sure most of you know the drill, sign up via email, pick your team and you’re away, it’s that simple!

You will need to PM me for the PIN code to be able to enter as it is a private league set up just for us on Southampton Not606 (though exceptions will be made for other family members etc who wish to enter)

Rules
    ————

Selecting your team
    ——————————

I will follow the tried and tested rules but to make sure the league is more competitive and to ensure everybody does not pick the same players I have made a few tweaks (See SPECIAL RULE 1, 2 and 3)which are as a follows.

* Each manager will get £50 million.

* Formations are either 3/4/3, 4/4/2 or 4/3/3.

* (SPECIAL RULE 1)A manager can only pick 2 players who represent the same country, so be careful to pick your team wisely (Yes, I will be checking!).

* (SPECIAL RULE 2) Should a manager wish to select 2 players who represent the same country , these 2 players must NOT play in the same position ( E.G both in Defence , both in Midfield and so on...).

* (SPECIAL RULE 3) As you are aware the World Cup is a knockout tournament and certain players you have selected in your team could be eliminated after the group stages have completed.
    At this point any SPECIAL RULES will be deactivated and NORMAL rules will resume allowing you to pick ANY player, in ANY position , from ANY Country who still remains in the tournament.

TRANSFERS
    ———————-

There will be plenty of chances to make transfers and changes of your choosing throughout the duration of the tournament , and these times and dates will be made available in your TEAM HUB which can located when you sign into your account , I will also post reminders on here to those of you who need reminding!
    Just be sure to remember that both SPECIAL RULE 1 and 2 are both active until the group stages have been completed.

You are free to make unlimited transfers your team until the first match Russia v Saudi Arabia kicks off on 14/06.

SCORING
    ——————

Goal Scored (excluding own goals)

+5 points

Hat-trick (3 or more goals)

+5 points

Assist

+2 points

“Who Scored” Star Man

+5 points

“Who Scored”Player Rating of 7 or more

+3 points

Yellow Card

-1 points

Red Card

-3 points

Penalty Saved or Missed

-3 points

Goalkeepers and Defenders...

Clean Sheet (no goals conceded)

+5 points

2 Goals Conceded

-1 point

Each Goal Conceded Over two goals

-1 point

Goalkeeper Only...

Penalty Save or Miss

+3 points

Assists...

-A player making a pass with the direct intention to set up a successful goal attempt from an open play situation;

-A player taking a corner, throw-in or free kick where a goal is scored directly from it by another player;

Bookings...
    Two yellow cards leading to a red card will score as one red card in the Game i.e. -3 points in total.

Who Scored Player Ratings and Star Man...

Player ratings of 7.0 and above and Star Man points will be determined

by WHOSCORED.COM.

Penalty Save or Miss (as defined below)...

Save or Miss is defined as a goal not being scored directly from the penalty spot.

Clean Sheet (no goals conceded): +5 points

2 Goals Conceded: -1 point

Each Goal Conceded Over two goals: -1 point

—————

*For anyone who wants it... The “full” version of rules can be found on the website which I have not posted up here to due copyright reasons .just in case!*

PRIZE
    —————

1st place prize yet to be decided , though any suggestions welcome... Club shop voucher etc...?

OTHER
    —————

* All scores and points accumulated by the basic rules of the game and shown in the mini league table will be final! And any disputes involving SPECIAL RULE 1,2 or 3 will be be settled by myself to the best of my ability!

* Don’t hesitate to PM me should you not be happy with anything or just have a general query.

* Most of all I want people to enjoy themselves and the more banter the better! BUT... any bullying , abusive language or threatening behavior will not be tolerated in any way.(Mods please step in here).

——————————

I think that’s everything for now, I will post more details if anyone needs it or simply PM me.

GOOD LUCK ALL,

Sotonsaint <cheers>

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  2. Libby

Libby 9-0

Yeah I'm in.

sotonsaint likes this.
  3. sotonsaint

The sun does it all for you for free and is easy to set up , so I say use that platform . Voucher for club shop as a prize or something along those lines like before .

4. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

I’m in

sotonsaint likes this.
  5. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

I'm in SS, be nice to play without all the work running it!...:grin:

sotonsaint likes this.
  6. sotonsaint

It will just be the league format on the website SA so it does most of the work for me, but I will be doing the updates after each round of fixtures, for points and transfers etc...

Hopefully we will get a nice number enter the league and it will be a little something to keep everyone entertained over the summer.

7. sotonsaint

More players needed if we are going to do this not had very much interest so far.