1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Southampton next.

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Oct 6, 2018.

1. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Agreed.

Saying that about Lampard, for me i never really rated him as one of the worlds best (maybe i'm being unfair). His goal record is phenomenal and he's a proper legend and can turn a game in an instance with a goal. At times he had a great eye for a pass and he had a great engine on him.

For me, he needed the opportunities crafted for him like Kane and he would never be a player that could be a one man team like Messi or Ronaldo or produce a moment of magic/control games like Zidane or iniesta (maybe i'm unfair, goals are really important). What makes him a great though is the consistency he had and his finishing/long range shooting ability. You know with Lampard you'd always get a minimum of a 7/10 performance every match.

2. CFC: Champs £launderx17

And never injured, he played week in, week out

BobbyD likes this.
  3. george the blue

george the blue Active Member

I love the fact this forum is still going ,and that im reading the same bullshit from the same posters on here as five years ago lol.

The chels are doing alright aren't they?

BobbyD likes this.
  4. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

In alternating years, yes.

We are great, then ****, then great, then ****.
    Some sustainability wouldnt go amiss.

5. george the blue

george the blue Active Member

True, I'm just glad they got rid of conte and put a proper manager in. Good football and good vibes... As soon as I can afford it im back to the bridge.

Cheerio

BobbyD and The Ginger Marks like this.
  6. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Yes, brilliant time to be a Chelsea supporter. great times

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  7. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Cardiff at home the only game we were in control of . Really?
    Seems you have a fundamentaly different opinion of control to me, and so a very different idea of subs.
    Which games do you think we were not in control of?
    Southampton ?, Bournemouth ? Huddersfield? Arsenal?

8. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Huddersfield was our opening game of the season with a new manager and new players, not ideal to try out subs

We were poor against Bournemouth, they were the better side until half time. We scored out first in the 72nd minute and were not in control at all

Arsenal we went in 2-2 at half time and if Aubameyang had his scoring boots on we could have been 4-2 down. We were certainly not in control defensively and did not get the winner until the 81st minute

Saints match I didn't attend but great that Sarri rotated Kovacic for Ross, and Ross had a great game by all accounts.

I think if you are 3-0 up after 60 mins then you are in control, not drawing at home to Bournemouth or Arsenal with 20 mins to go

BobbyD likes this.
  9. Chelsea Pensioner

As I said, you have a fundamentally different opinion of control to me.Never saw us in trouble of losing.
    I also subscribe to the theory that when things aren't working, change something.
    Understand why Sarri didn't rush to subs first few games, but now he's often too slow to change.
    I have seen every game, though only on live TV and Ross has only had one good one in my opinion, and that was the last one. The rest he's been as usual, mostly ordinary ,with occasional flashes of good play.
    Hope the last game is a turn around, but just don't see him as the right type of player while Hazard and Willian/Pedro lead our attack. Maybe a decent striker would alter things, but that's not about to happen. Kovacic every time for me, different class altogether.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  10. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Agree, he is different level.

I went to both Arsenal and Bournemouth live, we weren't in control at all and both sides could have got winners before we got our late winners.

11. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I am not sure I understand what "in control" means.
    You sound like Arsene Wenger, that was the usual bollocks he used to come out with, "We errr, we contwolled tha game and errrr", dude you lost 2-0 how did you control the game?

What's control? Having more possession? Having more shots?
    You say both sides could have got winners before we got our late winner?! Is that not true of every game? if its drawing, either team can grab a late winner.

12. BobbyD

BobbyD President

I think the point is you depending on priorities you cant just go blooding youth willy nilly from 60 mins onwards or 80 mins onwards from a 1 0 lead.

Maybe if we were 3 up. Even 2 up is risky. Control in the sense of not looking to balls up the three points

13. CFC: Champs £launderx17

CP was talking about us being in control enough to blood youth players in Prem games.

My argument is that we did not have the Arsenal and Bmouth games under manners, so could not risk it

He believes we never looked like losing those games, we were in control, and should have tried some kids. I disagree

14. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

In that context, I dont believe Sarri should be loading our first XI's with youngsters, no.
    He is a new manager, who is working out his best XI and try to acclimatise them to his style of play, that is going to take longer and be less successful, if he is chopping and changing personnel every match.
    I would, however, like to see the youth utilised more in the Europa League. Since we dont really give a **** about that competition, and it can do nothing but hinder our league progress, I would rather use it much the same way managers have used to the League Cup in recent years, as a way to give our youth some much needed match experience, which I think would be especially helpful to have them playing foreign teams.
    But in the league.....no, not yet, not 8 matches in to his tenure. He needs to work out which youngsters have the best potential, and bank some goodwill and preferably a pot or two before he embarks on those sorts of escapades.

15. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Absolutely spot on

16. BobbyD

BobbyD President

I'm on cfcs side but you have misinterpreted the debate between cfc and cp. They were talking about bringing on the youth as subs in the match when we are in control. What control is is anyones guess.

The debate wasnt about starting the youth from the beginning (that one was done a while back)

17. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Well I would have no problem with us sending on an untested youngster for 20 minutes if we are 3-0 up at home to Huddersfield or Brighton or some ****.

18. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Neither would i but when its 1 0 or even 2 0 its a risk. Cp was questioning why we havent done it more this season. Cfc was explaining that apart from southampton we havent really been in that luxury

19. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Yes, that's exactly my view. At home when we are controlling the result

20. Chelsea Pensioner

I don't disagree strongly with either your view, Bobby or Bodinks'i.
    I certainly am not for starting more than one youngster at a time in any of our PL games, but I do think it's past time that say, RLC or Hudson Odoi or Ampadu gets a run as sub instead of Christensen (who has been poor all season and the end of last) , Barkley who has had one very good game and too many ordinary ones, and Willian for Pedro or Hazard when Willian has been patchy as well.
    Barkley is perhaps the best example of how match time with the 1st 11 improves players, but I still don't see him as the right player with Kante and Jorginho. We need power in midfield, not another kick bollock scrambler like Hazard and Willian.That's the job of the front men. That's why our strikers misfire, it's all about the midfield, always has been.
    Maybe I need more patience, but history shows there is never a game or time in the PL when our Manager tries to bring on a youngster.
    I can see Christensen, RLC and Ampadu slipping away in the next season, while we watch them play for their National teams and warm benches for us.