1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Southampto 4 Man City 1

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by greensaint, Mar 31, 2012.

1. greensaint

greensaint Well-Known Member

By chance I caught The Big Match Revisited on ITV4 this am. Saints v Man City is featured and well worth a look. I was at this game and remember it mainly for the two ex Saints G.Baker and I.Golac playing for City which to me just seemed wrong. That S.Moran could play a bit though!

So go to ITV Player and enjoy.

Sorry about the missing n

2. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

I forgot that Golac went there. i used to like Graham baker too.

Steve Moran, what a legend he was. Shame keegan left, as I think if he'd stayed, he'd have looked after Moran and developed into a better player for a longer period. The Swedish thing killed Moran off.

3. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Swedish thing..? I thought his back injury did for him. He was developing so well before then, that years later, I reckon people would have referred to Michael Owen as a young Steve Moran.

4. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

I was only a young season ticket holder then, but I remember that after he and Wrighty were arrested on the pre-season tour to Sweden, I seem to recall that he went right off form after that. He got dogs abuse after that from away fans and as far as I recall, he suffered as Mark Wright blossomed. I may be having a senior moment though.

5. hotbovril

hotbovril Well-Known Member

I remember this vividly! I was only a pup too but I remember reading the headline, asking my mum what the charge meant, receiving (I know now) a completely watered down response and then feeling like the world had come to an end! I was reading The Count of Monte Cristo at the time and could only imagine them shackled in chains. Moran never seemed the same to me after that.

6. ChapelSaint07

ChapelSaint07 Member

Thought this was another 'Match Thread' from the title.