1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sort it out Pearson...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by greene, Dec 17, 2011.

1. smidgen

smidgen Active Member

Papa didn't exactly roll over regarding Lesta's (attempted) compo for NP & Co, did he? Think he'll be a tough haggler (Bet there's a carpet-seller in his lineage)

2. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

It's unlikely that he will be able to bring in and mould a team capable of worrying the play off spots from January onwards.

They are just a team of overpaid dross.

3. doveston

doveston Active Member

4. DaveBambersPostman

Le:emoticon-0164-cash::emoticon-0164-cash: - :emoticon-0164-cash:tare are so crap right now, even buying 6 of our best players will not be enough to sort their sorry ****e team out. I'm lovin' this. <nahnah>

5. petersaxton

petersaxton Well-Known Member

Our players will know Nigel will be out of work in the summer with a new manager wanting to bring his own players in. Unless they are just after the money then they will stay.

6. addistiger

addistiger Active Member

Hello Peter, had been wondering where you were. You don't seem to post on here too often? Having just been looking at yet another thread that went off topic and deteriorated into a couple of people chatting nonsense that had nothing to do with the original topic, I was thinking of asking the powers that be if some kind of flag could be used to show threads that have gone off topic to help us not waste our time. At the same time I was thinking about how I enjoyed the old BBC 606 which seemed to have more good discussion and sensible posters that I looked forward to reading, such as yourself and OLM, amongst others. Just got to wondering why I'd not seen you so much and missing your intelligent posts.

7. King Curtis

King Curtis Well-Known Member

If things continue to go well here, why would the players want to move on anyway? January may improve Leicester, but it may also be the nail in the coffin of their promotion hoopes, gelling new members of the squad and all that.

8. addistiger

addistiger Active Member

Hello Peter, had been wondering where you were. You don't seem to post on here too often? Having just been looking at yet another thread that went off topic and deteriorated into a couple of people chatting nonsense that had nothing to do with the original topic, I was thinking of asking the powers that be if some kind of flag could be used to show threads that have gone off topic to help us not waste our time. At the same time I was thinking about how I enjoyed the old BBC 606 which seemed to have more good discussion and sensible posters that I looked forward to reading, such as yourself and OLM, amongst others. Just got to wondering why I'd not seen you so much and missing your intelligent posts.

9. twelfth_man

twelfth_man New Member

I do hope the Leicester board give Nigel time as he is a good manager, and he's pretty much having to start over from scratch with the squad he's inherited, they seem more interested in payday than match day. I really can't see anyone going from Hull to Leicester, especially with our promotion push, the top spot isn't exactly out of our reach now. Were in a much better position with Nick in charge so lets pay more attention to the likes of Boro, West Ham, and Southampton

10. onceatiger

onceatiger Active Member

Quote from NP in the Observer this morning "I need to change the player's mentality or change the players" We have been warned........

11. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

I think you have got it in one, the Allam's can see if only one season in the EPL, if affairs are managed properly this can make a good profit for the club, and put them on an even better financial footing. So I would be surprised if they sold any of the current players, unless a EPL club came in with a big offer.

12. DaveBambersPostman

I am so glad I don't support Lesstah City.

The problem with Lack-Luster City is that they are infected with too much money and the club is full of people who don't love it. Owners/Staff/Players/Glory Hunting Fans.

The Thai Lady boys who run it don't give a hoot about the City or the history of the club.

'Tis just a plaything.

They want to have an EPL club, but cannot afford to get one. So they hope to throw a few million into ex-bankrupt L£sta and see what happens. If they don't get up in the next year or two they will probably flog the club off to some chicken farmers from India, or something.

As for the manager, well he'd better get them promoted this season or he's sacked. But he couldn't care about the club either, he's only there for the £££'s.

Nigel Peers-at-your-son doesn't care about the fans of a football club (as we well know) he seems to have a dislike of everyone for some reason. That and his total lack of character makes him a grey area, literally. He is a good manager though. If he wasn't nobody would go anywhere near him as he has nothing else going for him.

As for the fans, read any threads on any Les-stare board, not just this one. There are some wise old heads amongst them, for sure. But how many are freaking out because they won't make the top two this season? Far too many. It makes for hilarious reading!

But all that aside, we know it will take time to sort out their team/squad/tactics etc and in particular it will take Peer-son a while to sort it out.... look how long it took him to get us play 'right'. He spent all last season and a fair bit of this one tinkering/tweaking and plain old going back to the drawing board on a continuous basis before he got it right. And then he walked out and we are much better for it. His problem is he will be sacked long before he can turn the new team/squad he has into an automatic promotion winning side.

13. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Well-Known Member

Not another bloody Leicester thread.

14. UTT

UTT New Member

15. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

If we can loan out Cairney and sell Harper, we should try for Andy King, always rated him.

16. IvyTigerUTT

IvyTigerUTT Member

No, not Andy King :\