1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sorensen... The Real Deal?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by TheJudeanPeoplesFront, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Bingo

2. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

You cynic, you.

:emoticon-0110-tongu

Hugh Briss likes this.
  3. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

4. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

Classic.

West Ham sacked him as he gave them statistically the worst set of results for 70 years. Plus you castigate Rafa for looking to replace Xabi Alonso with Gareth Barry yet name Pardew who froze out Mascherano for Hayden Mullins (you couldn't make it up)

Charlton he was getting relegated from the Championship before the fans chanted him out

Southampton was a good job for him but he was dismissed for annoying everyone including the genius that is Cortese

After having given us our lowest points tally for a calendar year he went to Crystal Palace and then did the same for them

And his most recent job? On 2 April 2018, West Bromwich Albion and Pardew mutually parted company after he had been manager for four months. At the time Albion had gone 10 games without a win, were on a run of eight successive defeats and were bottom of the Premier League.

But yeah, he'd have had us safe every year.

And I thought you'd given up wumming :p

5. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Pouch bends both knees for Pardew..

6. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

I've got no problem if that's what he enjoys I just don't need to hear him spitting salty comments from his cum filled mouth after.

Albert's Chip Shop likes this.
  7. Seabass

Seabass Well-Known Member

We just need to get him some time on the pitch ffs. At the end of the day the best way to learn is on the job. We've got to stop being scared of bringing youngsters in.

8. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Liverpool played THREE players younger than Sorensen tonight. One was 16. Yes, it's Liverpool, but how the **** is Joselu better than this kid?

G4rdToonArmy likes this.
  9. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Lets face it we aren't trying for the cup so I'd honestly go with a pretty much complete youth team for the replay vs Blackburn as we need to "rest players":

Woodman,
    Sterry, Schar, Lejuene, Manquillo
    S. Longstaff, Hayden, Roberts
    Murphy, Sorenson, Aarons

Bench: Harker, Gibson, Fernandez or Lacselles, M Longstaff, Sangare, Wilson, Bartlett.

That team really can't do any worse than Wednesday evening, mainly been playing with each other all season so far so have a good understanding, a good experience for them and no pressure - go play football and enjoy yourselves.

Lose and we get out of the cup with no drama, no pressure.

Win and the fans get a massive lift seeing the youth team are developing (also shows Ashley there's a reason to invest in it - what could be better than free talent coming through you could sell on in years to come) and some of those lads can stake a claim to be involved in the first team. Can't see Sorenson doing any worse than Joselu, Wilson/Aarons could push for a spot on the wing as although we have 4 wingers 3 of them are **** and the other is Ritchie - Championship at best. Longstaff could jump infront of Hayden or prove to be a suitable replacement if he goes, Sterry pushing Yedlin... its a no loss situation on Tuesday.

10. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

At Southampton he was shagging one of the players wives/ gf's. Building team spirit.

11. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

Yeah but you would wouldn't you? I really struggle to hold that against him.

Sheikh_of_Araby likes this.
  12. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

True. If the sweets ask you to try you're not exactly gonna turm them down.

13. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Sorry but there is zero evidence to back up your assertions. Yes he has had bad times elsewhere. However no manager since Robson has been able to match his performance at NUFC.

jimileysbaldhead likes this.
  14. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

Which assertions? I made a lot and there's plenty of evidence for most of them. For instance do you think he didn't replace Mascherano in his team with Mullins?

I'm actually pretty realistic in his regard. He came into a very difficult situation (a popular Hughton being kicked out) and handled it well. In the summer there was a lot of change and the first full season with him was unbelievable. It then steadily went downhill until by the time he left we were in the mire. We'd gained some pitiful number of points from a calendar year (I think it was in the 20's?) and we needed to change. I have no doubt we'd have been relegated if he'd been here.

Like all managers under Ashley he was tempered by signings though he was fortunate to begin with that we were nailing it in that regard (Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Demba Ba, Cisse, Tiote even Sissoko later on to a lesser extent).

After that glorious season (for which he deserves more credit than he gets given) he never really felt in control of the situation for me. We'd lose a run of games against bang average competition and then win a handful in a row against anyone we fancied before then picking up almost no points for the next 10 games again. This season has been a bit like that with Rafa but at least most of the time it's because the teams we're against are genuinely better than us, the team we have now is honestly (in my opinion) far worse.

jimileysbaldhead and Judge Death like this.
  15. Warmir Pouchov

Sorry your evidence relates to other clubs. Only NUFC performance is considered. In 5 years, never relegated and even managed a little trip over to the continent. I agree though Pardew built a far better team than Rafa has managed to on similar if not worse resource. Maybe Rafa needs to find his Graham Carr.

16. Gordonthetoony

Gordonthetoony Well-Known Member

You have to wonder with Rafa. Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool do give kids a chance, in fact Liverpool had a 16 year old playing against Wolves. Rafa wouldn't give them the time of day. His beloved Perez and Joselu get chance after chance despite neither able to hit a cows ars- at 5 feet away.. We are so bad what has he to lose by at least giving them a chance.

LiamO and Mick O'Toon like this.
  17. Lord Jonjomort

You know things are bad when Pouchy's defending Pardew.

LiamO likes this.
  18. Lord Jonjomort

Said this earlier. With Rafa it's always an excuse. We're doing well, why would I change the team dynamic? We're doing badly, can't rely on kids to help get us out, we need experience. Joselu/Perez/Kenedy/Diame/Atsu/etc. have been ****, we'll give him a chance to rectify it. Team can't score, let's go with more defenders.

Sooner we're shot the better, IMO. I'd rather Cathro was in charge.

19. Mick O'Toon

Mick O'Toon Well-Known Member

No doubt he's playing tonight when he should've played or at least be on bench Saturday and tomorrow,if you're going to throw a game at least play some one that has promise and have a look at him.

20. Warmir Pouchov

This the old Jose Fonte story again? Yet Fonte is quoted as saying after Pardew departed and they met in a match on opposite sides:

"Alan Pardew was massive for me. He believed in me because he made me one of the captains and he gave me the opportunity to join this great club and project."

"He is a great manager and you can see with the job he is doing already in Palace."

"He is a person I will always have a good relationship with and I wish him all the best for his career"

Either the rumour is bullshit, or Jose Fonte is very open minded <laugh>

I'm sure this stems from him having an affair with some bloke called Karls wife (that actually is true by all accounts - just some random nobody from Liverpool). When he was sacked by West Ham, the fans alleged the Karl in question was Carl Fletcher. Then it snowballed and next it was Fonte's wife. You have to love football fans and rumours they make up. So many people buy it and regurgitate it. Kyle Walker can't shake that bestiality video either <laugh>