1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Something Better Change Owls v Chairboys 9th Feb 21 - 7pm KO

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Feb 9, 2021.

1. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

I am not on social media at all, what is it like on there must be getting a bit over the top.

2. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

1 League win in 17 games, i'm done i won't be paying money to watch cr*p until Ainsworth changes how we play and starting XIs. What's the point in carrying on doing the same thing that isn't working? He's the only person who can't see it. :steam:

3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

4. philhythe

That was my thought as well Mowgli, I am afraid two of the three Generals have been found out at this level JJ just about keeping his place as Ron said with his dead ball skills

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Clutching at straws here but maybe, knowing he can't keep this team in the Championship this year with limited budget, GA is kitting out his team with a view to getting another promotion from League 1 next year. I think we get 1 year of parachute money if we go straight back down. Then, if crowds are allowed back next season and we have a winning L1 side maybe we will get some good crowds next season to help the finances

Guywanderer likes this.
  6. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

I've not heard or read about that Ron i thought it was just for sh*t teams that get relegated from The Premier League.

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think they get even more mowgli. To be honest, I'm not sure; I thought I read it somewhere when we won the play offs

8. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

Well we are having the season we all expected not the one we wished for but if we are building for next season I'll take that
    Screenshot_20210210-133352.png

9. philhythe

What worries me Yeovil went up to the Championship for a season & the wheels fell off completely now non-league, Burton managed 2 seasons now looking at relegation from league1 even Bolton & Wigan have been promoted from league 1 in the last few seasons

10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

What gets me is that we have teams looking as though they are heading to the Premier League saying they were lucky to get all 3 points , or even 1 point, Bournemouth beat us 1-0 and they knocked out Premier League Burnley 2-0 last night. We were doing OK against Spurs until near the end. We thrashed Preston 4-1. Yet we lose 2-0 to SW and 3-0 to Forest. Not to mention 7-2 by Brentford who we drew 0-0 with at home and took to penalties in the League Cup.

11. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

I have to say Forest looked a good side both times we played them and were in a false position Brentford Swansea and Norwich are very good below them are 6 or 7 looking at the playoffs with the rest fighting to stay up and I don't think 3 of them will go into free fall so building for League One is the way to go

Ron likes this.
  12. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We keep putting on Bayo and Kashkett who clearly are not Championship standard. We keep playing Blooms for too long. he's a fighter but not up to Championship standard. Samuel is another fighter who isn't up to Championship standard but is OK to hustle and bustle the opposition to prevent them having too much time on the ball, which they seem to have. I don't know the others too well. I've seen some encouraging glimpses of Adeniran, McCleary and Fred. Stewart seems rock solid

But until we can find a way of consistently playing as a team, keeping the ball long enough and finding scoring chances we are struggling. We seem to spend most of our time trying to get the ball back and blocking attempts on goal. These teams will keep coming at us and it is inevitable they will score

I have no doubt that every player puts in 100%, individually; but until we click as a team we won't be winning games, simple as

13. philhythe

With Kashket he needs somebody to make the chances for him

14. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

For me, he is too easily bullied out of the game but we will see. Wouldn't surprise me if he is gone next year but he's under contract until summer 2022 so maybe loaned out to a L1 side; Oh wait, we'll be a L1 side