1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Some team up North...

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by brb, Jan 13, 2018.

1. brb

brb CR250

Well great day meeting up with a few lads, anyone seen grumpygit , just wondering if he saw that flying pig aka brb visit Priestfield today?

You can always be sure a match day with me never passes without event. But firstly a bit shout out to the lads today sorting that for me and obviously the friends where i previously couldn't make games, as well has absent ones <ok>

Sensible choice in giving the Cricks and Factory a miss again, i think my mates were embarrassed by my Clint Eastwood style hat and poncho and took us somewhere quieter and more discreet. Somewhere even the Northern Elite would have appreciated. Proper ales lads!

We eventually made it to the turnstiles, oh how things have changed...some lovely lady wanted to search me! Albeit she did ask if it was ok, to which i replied do i have to strip here, bit nippy today love?

Anyway my luck was out and the quick brisk hands down was the quickest turkish massage ever before i proceeded on my way.

So to the game, predictions of 2-0, 4-1, 2-1...you know how it goes after a good run, one that has seen us move from the dark depths of depression, to mid-table.

Well i have to say, it was the biggest pile of Kak I've ever seen for 35 minutes of my life, and the guy behind who was clearly worse for wear was doing my nut in!

So it got to the stage where i needed a piss, i pretty much guessed the guys pockets in front were not large enough to hold several pints of beer........you all know damn well what happened next....yes you do....I can hear grumpy and alwaysright shouting Hereford....I walk down the stairs, into the bogs and....GOAAAAAAL! FFS!

I had just frozen my nuts off for a whole 35 minutes for that to happen. Well i'm pretty much p'd off now, so go to the gap between the two concourses - alwaysright, you know the place, i ask, come on, what did i do?...I was innocent guv, yellow jackets all over me like a rash <laugh>

So after my little skirmish i proceed back to my seat, getting a grateful detail step by step explanation on the goal i missed.

It all came about due to changed tactics, which then proceeded into the second half, good performances from Byrne, Martin and Eaves. Eaves loads of energy covering most of the field. Parker caught my attention when we was going for a third, no particular reason other than he did not move...well ok, he moved, sort of one leg in front of the other, but they did not gather any sort of snails pace.

Another great 3 points, we all go home happy, but it was the change of formation that one and eventually the change back that killed the game too.

But hey, 3 points lads, maybe a push for play-offs now?....hmmm, I'm not convinced.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    grumpygit and The Gills PegLeg like this.
  2. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Not the best of games but we did have some good spells. We were on top when it was changed to a 4-4-2 system but the midfield were overran when using the 4-2-3-1 system. As @brb alluded to, some players in the last 10 mins did look very leggy.

Good day had however and it always brings a smile to your face when your mate misses our first goal. <laugh>

grumpygit and brb like this.
  3. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

Firstly, I wasted half the game looking for a man in a poncho, silly hat and a donkey or mule or something, luckily I didn't miss any of the goals.
    We won... we gained 3 points... we moved up the table 2 places, if that's playing badly, long may it continue.

alwaysright likes this.
  4. brb

brb CR250

I was the one sending out smoke signals to you grumpygit, I lit up a cig, the whole of the yellow jacket brigade descended on to me, how could you miss that, are you blind <laugh>

But no more seriously, like you i would take three points all day long even if it's playing badly. But you know me forever the critic. I thought Holy should have got to their goal, but as was said by many around me, he possibly didn't see it. Although it was certainly deserved for effort. We had Eaves running around Kedwell style but much more agile, he certainly showed traits of what i like to see from my goal scorers, however, yesterday i wanted to peg the guy down a bit and IN position. With time to think, maybe Martin would come out as my MOM. As my personal tactician pointed out (you know i'm rubbish at this stuff) the 4-2-3-1 in MY opinion did not work. We were a far better side at 4-4-2 system. I'm waiting for alwaysright's video update now, so i can watch our first goal hahaha. From yesterday do i think we are promotion material, no way! Will we survive our league one status, certainly. But maybe that man in the hat and poncho needs to get a few more games under his belt, if he can continue to avoid lumping a steward.

The Gills PegLeg and grumpygit like this.
  5. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

You seem like cracking lads. I look forward to meeting up with you all for a pint, next season :)

6. itstimupnorth

itstimupnorth Well-Known Member

Have I missed something? Why wait until next season
    <cheers>

brb likes this.
  7. brb

brb CR250

He's Sunderland mate <laugh>

8. itstimupnorth

itstimupnorth Well-Known Member

Ah OK.

He can come and meet us at Bradford and get a taste for it then