1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

some more gossip

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

firstly Chalobah is talking sbout permanent move as he feels he needs game time to progress
    weird to think he stars in under 21s, england manager wants him in senior squad, he hardly ever plays for his club, who want to buy Monaco kid for the same position
    RLC wants loan move to get game time
    Zouma to Marseille loan
    kids to get more opportunities under conte ??!
    seems Conte is having same problem pushing kids ss all previous managers
    any comment Roman ??

2. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

For the kids to come into the first team, it would mean Roman accepting that we might not win a trophy for a couple of years. It won't happen. We have the best youth system in the country, but it is just there to make money.

3. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Not sure Zouma will ever fit our style.

The boy is quick, tenacious and has a great leap and can tackle. However his passing is terrible, he's positioning is a bit iffy but can be taught. Technically he just doesn't look right and its telling that i actually am less worried when Cahill is on the ball than Zouma and Cahill terrifies me!.

In a back 4 i think Zouma is good as you're less reliant on your CBs to be good on the ball. In a back 3 where we want our defenders to come out with it, no thanks.

RLC has always been a massive disappointment for me. I would play him as a DM if i had to play him somewhere but for me he will never make it as a top 6 attacking midfielder. He's just not got the vision or the technical ability and his control isn't good enough for that spot.

I was very disappointed Ake left as i thought he was the real deal.

Likewise i actually think Chalobah is pretty decent and just needs games. Him moving to Watford would be a bit **** as i think he's a decent enough to contribute already

4. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I'd like to see Zouma go on loan to someone like Palace (Sakho replacement?) and see if he can get over the injury.

RLC looks a classic number 8 to me but doesn't really fit in the current system we play as a result. I don't see him as a holding mid or a '10'. Again, a loan to another P.L club who will play him consistently will let us evaluate his best position and if he is good enough. I have my doubts though.

Ake looks very good but 20 million is a lot of money for him and we have quite a lot of good young defenders already in Christensen, Kalas, Zouma so I can see why we have cashed in.

I like the look of Chalobah but I can't see him getting the games he needs. 5 million is not worth selling for though. May as well loan him and try and get his value up.

Atsu, Bamford, Traore, Ake, Solanke already gone this year. More and more evidence the youth set up is just to make money.

Wonder what odds you'd get on Tammy never kicking a ball for the first team!?!

5. Chelsea Pensioner

personally, iwould be happy with theyouth set up if the kids got enough game time to decide if they are good enough. w
    hat I dont like is conte not getting an opportunity to improve say Zouma insted letting him go on loan to an ordinary team
    he might be another David Luis, but mostly well never know Seems crazy to me

BobbyD likes this.
  6. BobbyD

BobbyD President

yeah i was really excited for Ake when he came back from Loan last season as i thought it meant Conte wanted to use him.

The guy barely played, what a waste as he was playing regularly for bournemouth. Thats a big criticism of Conte for me

7. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I guess to be fair to Conte, without European football and a poor showing in the league cup, plus an excellent injury record, he couldn't really rotate much last year.

The first team had to play almost every game to keep them sharp and match fit.

We certainly need a deeper squad this year but you wouldn't know it the way players have gone out the door since Jan.

8. Chelsea Pensioner

I hope you are right, that Conte is simply not being allowed to try the kids. I do agree on last year, very important that he kept the winning team going, so few opportunities for youngsters, but surely this year in all 4 comps, we could at least keep and bring on a couple. Chalobah and Abrahams will surely improve quicker playing with our squad than Watford and whoever, and absolutely no disrespect meant. Does anyone know if Christensen has come back to our squad? Deli Alli and Harry Kane anyone????? They'd be still running around in the Championship or at Vitesse Arnheim if they were Chelsea kids. Pure craziness.

StanDMan and Bodinki like this.
  9. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Yup, said the same thing in the Ake to Bournemouth thread.
    We just cant bring players on into the main squad and then the first XI. Its a sorry state. :(