1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Some Fun For a Friday Afternoon

Discussion in 'Watford' started by wear_yellow, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

Keep on waving that flag. I'm sure it gives your life meaning <cheers>

2. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

This fella has the right idea... FB_IMG_1603524755725.jpg

andytoprankin and Scullion like this.
  3. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

So, we pay our taxes and our responsibility ends there ? <doh> I can't buy into the idea that the state does everything because 'the state' is nothing other than you and me - if you see a beggar sitting by the side of the road the responsibility to help begins with you.

4. Hornet-Fez

<applause>............ <applause>......... <applause>.......

Look up, over and behind you and you'll be seeing the point of what he says disappearing over the horizon. <doh>

5. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

More Fun With Menus...

please log in to view this image

andytoprankin and Hornet-Fez like this.
  6. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

7. NZHorn

NZHorn Well-Known Member

I showed this to Maori colleague of mine who spent 2018 in the UK. He said that he didn't visit Slough but thought that it was probably very unfair to compare it to Luton. He then proceeded to spend 5 minutes telling me why Luton was the worst place he has visited anywhere in the world, to the extent that he refused to fly out of Luton airport to avoid both the town and airport.
    When crossing a zebra crossing in Luton a driver gunned his car at him. My friend is an imposing fellow and stood his ground. I can imagine him glaring as only Maori can. The driver screeched to a halt and apologised! The driver was terrified.

andytoprankin likes this.
  8. Bolton's Boots

Would love to have witnessed that. Many, many moons ago I played rugby against a touring Junior All Blacks team which was mainly comprised of Maori players - they truly were imposing. Probably more frightening to tell the truth.

9. Bolton's Boots

10. Bolton's Boots

Kulula - an airline with a sense of humour...

11. Hornet-Fez

Having had a serious (enough) motorbike accident in the town I can attest to that - numpty did a U-turn on a zebra crossing. Wrote my bike off and I had two weeks off work with whiplash and other injuries... car missed my knee by inches.

12. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Is that for real? As a nervous flyer I would have trouble getting into that.

13. Bolton's Boots

It was - I think that pandemic has seen them in a spot of financial difficulty and they're not operating at the moment.

14. J T Bodbo

J T Bodbo Well-Known Member

We flew with kulula during a trip to SA. It doesn't stop there. The crew have a sense of humour as well. As we prepared for take off for Jo'burg, at Cape town, the pilot, no less, came up with " This is Kulula flight 795 from Cape Town to Johannesburg. We have no idea why you would want to go there, but you are not getting off now." As we arrived into Jo'burg, the cabin crew manager advised us to take everything with us, and please, please do not leave your grannie on board - we've got too many already. "
    That said, they were very professional, on time and generally more enjoyable than SAA , who were a bit uptight , rather like BA in the 60's.

15. Bolton's Boots

I'm glad you mentioned this. I got those pictures from my neice's husband who is South African - he attached the following announcements, which I didn't believe at the time - but it now looks as though they may well be genuine...

On Kulula flights there is no assigned seating, passsengers just sit where they want to. On one flight, passengers were apparently having a hard time choosing their seats, so a flight attendant announced, "People,people, we're not picking out furniture here, find a seat and get in it!"

On another flight with a very 'senior' flight attendant crew, the pilot announced, "Ladies & gentlemen, we've reached cruising altitude and will be turning down the cabinlights This is for your comfort and to enhance the appearance of your flight attendants."

Another pilot's welcome message - "Kulula Airlines is pleased to announce that we have some of the best flight attendants in the industry. Sadly,none of them are on this flight!"

Flight attendant safety announcements:

"In the event of a sudden loss of cabin pressure, masks will descend from the ceiling. Stop screaming, grab the mask, and pull it over your face. If you have a small child travelling with you, secure your mask before assisting with theirs. If you are travelling with more than one small child, pick your favourite."

"Your seat cushions can be used for flotation; and in the event of an emergency water landing, please paddle to shore and take them with our compliments."

"There may be 50 ways to leave your lover, but there are only 4 ways out of this airplane"

"Thank you for flying Kulua. We hope you enjoyed giving us the business as much as we enjoyed taking you for a ride."

And, after windy & bump flight that ended with an extremely hard landing, "Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Cape Town. Please remain in your seats with your seat belts fastened while the Captain taxis what's left of our plane to the gate!"

16. duggie2000

duggie2000 Well-Known Member

17. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

18. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

The report is believed to come from 1910.

Scullion and Toby like this.
  19. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

20. Cornish Mark

Cornish Mark Well-Known Member

I will never ever tire of seeing this

andytoprankin likes this.