1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sol Campbell ....... well he's not right in the head is he?

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Smug in Boots, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Woodgate was the bollocks mate, if he wasn't injured so often we'd be talking about one of the best centre halves this country has ever seen.

Sol Campbell was a lump of **** at the back, who was strong, that's all. He was never in the same league as JT or Rio, not even close. Ledley King was, Woodgate was, but not that numb ****.

2. John Cardew

John Cardew Well-Known Member

Woodgate was the best player I've seen at SJP post-Keegan, and certainly the best defender I've ever seen play for us. It was watching him live when you realised just how good he was, total reading of the game.

No doubt Campbell was a top defender but you're right we're talking leagues apart here. Ledley King was one who I always felt was a bit overrated, I'd put him in a bracket with Campbell personally but Rio and Terry were undisputed first choice for me and every other sane England fan.

3. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Nay, Ledley was streets ahead of Campbell. I wish he and woodgate were fit to challenge Terry and Rio for the cb places, they were both class defenders.

Sol Campbell is more like Christopher Samba, he was just part of a very good Arsenal side that made him look better than he was in my opinion.

4. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Disagree, one of the best cb's I've ever seen considering he didn't train.

5. MackemsRule

MackemsRule Well-Known Member

Wasn't it convenient he got racially abused in Hexham market and only he and his wife witnessed it.
    Not saying it didn't happen mind, there's some weird folk up north.
    But oddly convenient.

Now lets look closer at his England career up till 98 he was only a young inexperienced substitute.
    That was Shearer's time, is he saying he should have been given the capataincy over the vastly experienced Shearer? During this time Campbell captained England as did Paul Ince, did Ince get preference as he was paler than him?
    Then Beckham took over in 2000 to 2006, a perfect choice as captain liked by his team mates and loved by the Worlds media.
    2006 Terry took over, would have been and even throw of the coin between him and Gerrard. (Not because they were white but because they were known as leaders on the pitch for club and country.) Oh and the slight fact that Campbell avoids, he was third choice behind Terry and Ferdinand.

He only got into England teams after that because the better players were injured, so in his world that qualifies him as captain.

His whine about Owen is laughable too, Owen was only substitute captain when Beckham wasn't there.
    As Campbell once was when Shearer wasn't there.

Sol you're sounding like a f**ing dickhead, methinks thou dost protest too much.

6. John Cardew

John Cardew Well-Known Member

Fair enough. It's a shame Jamie Carragher was a whiny little brat too as he'd have been really good cover for us.

7. MackemsRule

MackemsRule Well-Known Member

Coincidentally watching Keith Curle, Carlisles manager right now on Look Newcastle, whilst browsing.
    A bloke who has put effort into making himself a manager by what he knows not what colour his skin is.
    I would lay odds his skin colour never crossed the minds of the Chairmen employing him.
    Carlisle must be his 4th or 5th club now as manager.

PS> Nice to see Colin West has joined him as assistant manager. <ok>

8. jdsafc

jdsafc Well-Known Member

Benno should get involved here
    He is black, he was our club captain on the day of the match, he works in the media, and he is a legend of safc

9. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

And he's ****ing nails.

He should break out the Speedie on Sol and we'll all give him an alibi.

10. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

He's an infantile & boring t**t ....... he should spend less time trying to sound clever and more time on his tyre swing <whistle>

11. BillySmartsCircus

12. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member