1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

SOCKGATE

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by The Ginger Marks, Jan 8, 2017.

1. I don't remember the name of the site, as all of this happened five or six years ago, but I am sure that one of the Gooners will.

And, no, the Gooner revolt didn't happen because I got banned - I think I made that clear in what I wrote. It was down to several factors, but all of which come back directly to the fact that Pixie (like Skiddy on the Chelsea board) acted like a dictatorial twat. Unlike Skiddy, however, Pixie was not demoted and stripped of his mod-ship, and has been permitted to continue his wave of demented suppression of views on his own board.

All of this is fact, Tobes. I am sure that there are many here who will be able to attest to it.

Why don't you ask Pixie, and see if he denies it.

2. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

A large part of the Gooner forum definitely did quit here because of Piskie. He had huge HIAG type rows with a poster called Jayram - I think that was it - until Piskie resorted to banning him. Many posters, some of them good guys, went with him and they set their own forum up. I've lost the link through various laptop changes since, but definitely happened. It was aWenger In, Wenger Out row mainly. Luckily that isn't an issue any more <whistle>

3. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

You forgot sniper level rifle expert mate <ok>

I believed his Helicopter pilot stuff though, I mean what's unbelievable about being dropped off at the local airfield to jump in your Chopper - in a Rover 25 <laugh>

PINKIE likes this.
  4. I can imagine only that you have had your asinine comments removed from the Spurs board, in the past, and that being down to the fact that you are a twat.

I can assure that the Spurs board pays host to many visiting posters, some of whom post on the Spurs board more often that I do.

Yet again, you assert something as fact that is so very far from being so.

5. That was the chap's name.

From memory, I think there were around 20 posters who quit the Gooner board and set up on their own site.

6. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

You are as deluded as they come. The reason those gooners left is because like A87 they wanted a fight over the wenger in/out situation. I threw a wet blanket on it, so they ****ed off.

You claiming they resigned en masse because you were banned is ****ing hilarious. And you wonder why people call you a gobshite <laugh>

7. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

That is not true. We get lots of other supporters on. What gets deleted is the juvenile nonsense that goes on here. On the Spurs board, strangely, we like to talk about Football.

8. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Shocked here.

Posters throw wobblers all the time and take their bat and ball home - see the Mackem board for details

It doesn't mean it's the mods fault, having been a mod on an Everton forum I know how it works, you get shed loads of abuse behind the scenes for trying to keep the peace half the time.

I'm not going to pass judgement on the rights and wrongs of something I didn't read 6 years ago - when the supposed 'facts' are being shared by Spurs fans about the Gooners board lol. Impartiality assured eh? <laugh>

Anyway, none of this has anything to do with your A87 bollocks does it?

PINKIE likes this.
  9. It is an obscene indictment on Pixie and his OCD nature, that so many of his own kind would rather set up their own website than continue to suffer his ****.

That the bloke remains a mod is a complete mystery to me.

I wonder why there has not been a petition on this forum - not just among Gooners - to have him stripped of his mod-shop? Perhaps someone should start such a petition?

10. Saintsfan08

Saintsfan08 Well-Known Member

20 posters!!

How has this not been brought up before? This has to be the biggest mod failure ever in the history of the site. Not to mention he is the only mod banned from another club's board

11. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

<laugh>

Shall I call 999 for you ?

gooner4ever likes this.
  12. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Then (as per) you'd be wrong. I got posts deleted that were completely innocuous. However, whilst I was there I did notice that you're about as popular as Ebola amongst some of the regulars. They greeted your reappearance with great delight - NOT <laugh>

13. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

How do you know? Much like your own board, you never post on it. <whistle>

I believe that the alternative Arsenal forum was this:
    http://arsenaltalk.boards.net/board/1/arsenal-football-club
    Which then turned into this:
    http://www.goonersworld.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=5

Note the 2,000+ page Wenger Out thread that's pinned to the top, which suggests that I've got the right one! <laugh>

14. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

15. That was certainly a part of the reason why they left, but it fails to tell the entire story.

I had several of those posters send me PMs at the time, and I can assure you that they were as much pissed off by your suppression of visitors as anything else. They viewed you as an enemy of proper debate, using your mod-ship as a means to promote your own agenda, and so they voted with their feet.

You cost this site a good many decent posters, Pixie.

Gloss over it as much as you like, but that is the truth. You are no better than Skiddy in that regard. The only piece of luck that you had lay in the fact that enough Gooners remained on your board to stop it collapsing like the Chelsea board. Had it collapsed, there is no doubt that you would have been removed from your position as mod.

You are a disgrace. And I write that without any form or manner of wummery.

I have not claimed that. Go back and read my comments.

You attempting to assert that I have made such a claim is nothing more than a pathetic and desperate attempt to hide from your own shame.

16. Saintsfan08

Saintsfan08 Well-Known Member

If the Spurs mods are likely to delete cringeworthy comments such as those about how much your firm turns over ( out of nowhere, in a pathetic attempt to impress) then it's no surprise Tobes has had comments deleted

Hoddle is a god likes this.
  17. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

You will remember well the havoc that Jayram caused on the Arsenal board. We even conversed privately about it at the time.

The fact that he made HIAG an honourary member of his breakaway site says it all really <laugh>

Tobes likes this.
  18. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Nice rant, but you're taking bollocks again.

Now when are you going to log in as A87 and prove us all wrong ? :)

Tobes likes this.
  19. The Ginger Marks

Indeed while herr hitler does the modding there can never be meaningful debate.

20. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I suggested the Spurs' board policy of not allowing people to insult or abuse each other, IIRC.
    Too many threads descended into mindless name-calling, which was ****ing boring.
    Still don't see the point in having it. Doesn't contribute anything and creates endless animosity.

Pretty sure that HIAG wasn't the only non-Arsenal fan that got an invite...

Lovearsenalcock likes this.