1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Socceroos 1-1 Denmark

Discussion in 'Millwall' started by brisbane-lion, Jun 22, 2018.

1. brisbane-lion

brisbane-lion Well-Known Member

Not the best game I've seen the Socceroos play but a point's a point. Cannot think why they brought on Juric and not Cahill. We needed goals and Cahill is our best goal scorer, Juric is not! Kruse could have been taken off, he wasn't performing, and Tim brought on. Ah, well, France to beat Denmark and us to beat Peru by a couple, fingers crossed.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  2. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

You wont beat Peru!
    #convictsgoinghome

3. brisbane-lion

IRIOT!! We are t home.

4. brisbane-lion

Sadly Chips, though not totally unexpected, you were right. I watched the first half of the game against Peru and then went to bed. Australia seemingly struggled to get out of their own half by constantly cross passing the ball and feeding the keeper (maybe they thought he was lonely). When they did move forward they had no idea what to do. In any one on one tackle they almost invariably lost the ball or were too slow in reaction to make any attempt on a shot at goal. Stopping to change feet in front of goal is not what I would expect from a top class player, but it happened all too often. Peru's first goal was a corker, first time shot and spot on accuracy. Bringing Cahill on was too little, too late. He should have been on in the game against Denmark. Ah, well, next time.