1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

So what?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by DannyGooTree, Apr 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DannyGooTree

DannyGooTree Member

Everyone on here is so negative after today, I can see why because we were very poor but come on guys, bit of perspective.

We knew after the Man United game we are 95% safe. And todays result more or less confirms it. We put in a superb performance against the Mancs midweek and the players are bound to be a bit tired.

We were playing against a team who are desperate to pick up every point they can to avoid the drop, they were always going to be bang up for it.

We are still 9th for goodness sake, we would never of dreamed about that before the season began.

Everyone who isn't a Newcastle fan who comes on this board tonight are going to be thinking "Greedy buggers" or "Deluded Geordies". I would agree with them. We can't play well every week, everyone has bad days.

So to call Pardew and half the squad a disgrace, is a disgrace in itself.

2. ThrillerinAsprilla

ThrillerinAsprilla Active Member

3. 5 Goals 1 Hat Trick 11 Heroes-NUFC4LIFE

Doesn't explain why Pardew took off Lovenkrands instead of Shola.

Also doesn't explain why he left Ranger and Ferguson on the bench while opting to put on Perch.

Pardew has to take a big part of the blame for that one.

4. Smudger

Smudger Active Member

It was arrogant to expect to beat Blackpool and I dont blame Pardew, the side he named was near full strength. But Ameobi in particular was shocking, his place in the squad is justified by one good performance every 10 games or so.

5. skalpel

skalpel Active Member

Exactly. Yeah we got a point but it wasn't just that Blackpool were up for it, we played awful and had Pardew making bizarre substitutions - after waiting a week for a good match and seeing the team play poorly like that of course people are gonna be irritated.

6. DannyGooTree

DannyGooTree Member

I don't know if Nolan took a knock or if he had been ill before the game or something, could be a possibility, we just don't know.

Really though, did Perch do much wrong?

7. Smudger

Smudger Active Member

And while Pardew isnt to blame, he did make mistakes; Shola should have been the one to go off, and he played Perch out of position just to keep Barton on the right, logically Raylor should have came on at that stage, or even Ranger/Kuqi, to go 4-4-2 and try to sneak a win.

8. DannyGooTree

DannyGooTree Member

That is a fair comment, I agree.

9. 5 Goals 1 Hat Trick 11 Heroes-NUFC4LIFE

No didn't say Perch did anything wrong , but Ranger or Ferguson would have been more of a threat.

10. TJR_NUFC

TJR_NUFC Well-Known Member

This + Pardew time wasting tactics when we should have been pushing to win rather than holding out for the draw.

11. DannyGooTree

DannyGooTree Member

Really? Can you imagine if we lost it in the end? I would have taken a point before hand. Pardew might of seen we were playing poor and didn't think we were capable of creating anything else, and thought it better to hold out for a respectable point, but I doubt it.

Blackpool were just the better team, and we had an off day. I am just embarrassed at people on here calling our team and Pardew a disgrace after the season we have had.

12. TJR_NUFC

TJR_NUFC Well-Known Member

We have had a good season and we should be proud of it and Pardew has proved the doubters wrong however some of the individual performances today were a disgrace and we can't hide that. Ameobi, Nolan and Enrique were really bad and Tiote, Williamson and Barton weren't really much better. Take nothing away from how the players and Pardew have preformed on a whole this season but today they got it wrong big time.

13. 5 Goals 1 Hat Trick 11 Heroes-NUFC4LIFE

Nobody called Pardew and the team a disgrace. Their performance today was a disgrace.

Nowt wrong in that.

14. Smudger

Smudger Active Member

It would be wrong to say we've been a disgrace this season, but that is a fair conclusion of today, the few good performers like Krul and Lover meant we have scraped a point.

15. Sanchin0

Sanchin0 Active Member

What was wrong with Nolan? probably one of his worst displays this season. Didn't get into those positions were he's so capable of scoring/nicking a goal, was awfully slow in reacting at times.. it looked painful at times. He was woeful today, along with Barton, Ameobi and Enrique. Willo aswell to a certain degree.

16. DannyGooTree

DannyGooTree Member

Here is an example.

A bit far fetched no? That is just my opinion though.

17. 5 Goals 1 Hat Trick 11 Heroes-NUFC4LIFE

One person doesn't represent this forum , maybe a knee jerk reaction from 1 or 2.

18. DannyGooTree

DannyGooTree Member

I am not saying this does represent the entire forum. Most people are just annoyed at the performance and rightly so but its not worth making 8 negative articles on it + Tash's 3 post match articles.

I prefer to look at the grand scheme of things <ok>

19. Why aye Cabaye

Why aye Cabaye Active Member

Two points from the last two games is an acceptable return. If anyone had offered us 41 points after 34 games at the start of the season every single person on here would gratefully take it. Yes there have been disappointing performances at times this season but we will be in the PL next season and every player in the squad has contributed to this SUCCESS. Most peoples expectations have been raised by some amazing results in the first half of the season, our small squad was always going to tail away in the second half of the season due to the mental and physical exertion put into the first half of the season.

I for one am proud of EVERY player to have pulled on the shirt this season, regardless of what comes in the last four games. Against expectations, losing one manager, losing one of our best players and having numerous long term serious injuries, we should comfortably survive.

Well done lads. Great season.

20. DannyGooTree

DannyGooTree Member

That comment is worthy of an article. Rep.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.