1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

So, New Stadiums....

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Diego, Feb 23, 2021.

?

Evertons new Stadium, will it

1. Attract all the best players in Europe like Arsenal and Leicester did

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Attract massive sponsorship like Spurs did

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. Have the same affect as Boltons new stadium did

10 vote(s)
    76.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

No idea of the actual prices mate, just going off what one of your compatriots (think it was Dier Hard) said on your board <ok>

2. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

please log in to view this image

3. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Good idea, how do you set one up once the thread is posted?

4. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

You ask @Tobes or @brb I think

5. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

@Tobes , @brb
    How do i add a poll to this thread?

6. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

No idea whether you can do it, I know how I can do it though......

7. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Dier Hard is season ticket holder so pays a massive amount...just under a grand...£50 per game roughly.

But then there's food, drink and travel on top of course!

There are a lot of tickets that are priced between £80 and £120 (and a lot more).

Football is gonna need to seriously rethink it's prices cos they won't be filling grounds at those prices for very long as people begin to worry about job losses, little or no pay rises and inflation (plus all the other post covid delights that could await us).

Diego likes this.
  8. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

@brb, Tobes doesn't know so i am depending on you <ok>

I know it can be done because people do it all the time :emoticon-0100-smile

9. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

My post Covid delight is a new stadium for 2023/24.

10. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I largely agree about the pricing, but one of the things that we've got right is the food and drink.
    You pay more at pubs near the stadium for a pint. Probably more important now, as they'll all have shut down.

Dier Hard and Diego like this.

11. brb

brb CR250

It's as with anything marketing, it moves the clubs in to the 21st Century.

As someone that has been to many a football ground in my lifetime, I hate it, but I also accept I'm a dinosaur and the game I once watched has changed. Today people want decent facilities, they want a certain amount of protection from our climate of mainly rain, rain and rain and they want their ground to be representative of their expectations as a club.

For me it's made it sterile, but I'm too old now to complain and must admit, although I enjoy standing, the body is not what it once was. It's probably also changed the social class of the game, but even Maggie Thatcher was always hell bent on that, so i've got to the stage, where I just accept it now because I no longer have the energy to argue otherwise. Although I might argue for the sake of it sometimes, just to keep my own fans amused.

Treble, Diego and Tobes like this.
  12. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Forgot to mention that.
    The club paid real attention the Arsenal's mistakes re the pricing of food and drink.
    There was outrage when Arsenal charged £20 for fish and chips!
    Spurs made food decent and cheap (burger...meat or veggie, chips and a drink for £5) pizzas, Indian, noodles and pasta street food for around £5-7 and fish and chips for £8.
    Food is actually good.
    People arrive a good couple of hour before (games are played on TV before hand...they played a cricket match before the Newcastle match last season) and it stays open for a good couple of hours after on non night games.
    It's like a giant child friendly home pub.
    Really good atmosphere and decent prices.

13. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Pie and a pint for a fiver when you're there over an hour before kick-off was a pleasant surprise, too.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  14. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Our place is an iconic old stadium, great history, great atmosphere with the stands so close to the pitch, intimidating for opposition etc etc. But by the standards of our peers and also football in general these days, it’s a **** pit in many ways. Narrow wooden seats, tiny concourses, poor facilities, lack of decent coin earning corporate seats etc.

So it’s had it’s day, we’ve needed to move for around 20 years, just out of necessity as much as anything else. But it’s also about revenue. We take on average around £1m per game, the RS across the park with 10k extra seats and more and better corporate take about £3m.

lfcpower, PINKIE and brb like this.
  15. brb

brb CR250

Some of the new grounds do look impressive, although I'd never admit it to my lot. <laugh>

I still remember going to Leyton Orient a few years back, much of the ground had been modernised, but in the away section, they still had wooden seats that I had no chance of being physically able of sitting in. I think some of my lot ripped them out on the next visit, can't say I blame them to be fair.

Tobes likes this.
  16. Libby

Libby 9-0

Be a shame to lose Goodison Park. WHL and Upton Park were cracking grounds too.

I hate St Marys tbh, ****ing bland and ****e. Probably wouldn't have found an owner when nearly going to the wall without it though.

Give me an old ground over a new any day of the week. Though you understand why clubs move on.

17. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

new stadium needed

4757F5F8-D08E-4C40-9C06-ECC36F44E171.jpeg

18. brb

brb CR250

You ever been to Aldershot, it's different for sure and I still remember the fooking rats at Crawley (not joking) <laugh>

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  19. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

**** all wrong with that mate <ok>

I have gone through the turnstile and run up a set of concrete steps to the top only to force my way down the set of concrete steps on the other side that formed the stands.
    I have also walked into a carpeted concourse, rode the lift up to the carvery room had a bite to eat and a couple of drinks then rode the lift to the level my seat was on so i could watch the game.

Guess which i prefered by far :grin:

20. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I've been to Goodison once back in 88 or 89 when we won 0-1 with a Perry Groves goal that he took after run from the halfway line. <ok>

It's a lovely old stadium and one of a dwindling number of iconic stadiums. The modern bowls are are great designs, the sight lines are superb, the facilities are generally really good. But the atmosphere of those old grounds was defined by the four stands and the fans right up against the pitch for me.

The Boelyn ground was another great ground like Goodison. West Ham's move to the Olympic stadium has been tragic really.

lfcpower and Diego like this.