1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

[skysprots] Ki will move to swangea

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Ji Sung Park Rangers, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Ji Sung Park Rangers

2. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

We'll see. I like Ki, but I think we may be looking for someone a little more physically intimidating for CM.

Park was one of the good things for us yesterday, JSP.

3. qpr1954

qpr1954 Member

Mbia is on the cards so we may not need Ki.

4. Grifter

Grifter Well-Known Member

I still think we'll get Ki. Why would be go to Swansea when he's been linked with us/Atletico/Arsenal?
    Mbia is mainly a CB, so would be good to get both!

5. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Because you're clearly a better team than us, right? <doh>

6. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

they offer more money than other clubs, so players go there, simple, the reason hoilett, park, cisse, zamora, barton, green, and almost their entire squad is there...<ok>

7. Grifter

You've won one game. I still think we'll finish above you.
    You've missed my point though, i'm not talking about who the better team is, i'm talking about who is the bigger draw in terms of potential transfers. Like it or not, big name players are being readily attracted to Loftus Road at the moment, because of the "project" and aspirations. We've get very wealthy ambitious owners who are already building a new training ground, and are actively looking for a site for a new stadium. We're prepared to pay big wages.
    But if you can't accept that, then why would Ki go to you rather than Arsenal/Athletico?

8. Grifter

It's not just the money, it's the direction the club is going in. Tony fernandes/phil beard and some fairly influential people always meet with potential new signings to "sell" the club to them.I watch every post signing interview with our new players, and that's always the first thing they reference in regards to their decision to move to QPR(and they aways seems to come across as genuine).

9. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

now take an educated guess why..<doh>

10. Grifter

I genuinely have no idea?

11. Grifter

Boys you can't come on a QPR board and complain that a QPR fan is suggesting wages and ambition are a big draw for players. They clearly are, or we wouldn't have ended up with the likes of hoillet/park et al.

12. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Are they wondering what they've done after yesterday?

Sorry, but throwing money at a Club is not in itself the answer. You don't have the monopoly on ambition. We have money to put into a training facility and the work is underway right now. I can't comment about wages because I don't know who is on what, but unless you're paying stratospheric pay packets that are way over the odds it shouldn't be an issue. Don't you have the smallest crowds in the League? The new Fair Play rules will put paid to that unless you move. I seem to recall that Danny Graham chose us ahead of you when he came from Watford and you would have been the easier move for him. Depends what your priorities are as a player.

Arsenal? Of course. They are more likely to win things than either of us.

13. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I don't think we had the money to pay for Graham when it came to the crunch. Our total budget last summer was £1.2m.
    I suspect we do pay well, and London is an attraction for many. You may not like that, but it doesn't make it untrue. If we pay £1k a week more than you, it's 50 grand a year. More than most of your (and our) supporters get and significant even to footballers - doesn't have to be 'stratospheric' to make a difference.
    So forget us, why would he choose you over Arsenal or Atletico?

14. swans-m

swans-m Well-Known Member

Michu chose us over a number of big clubs who wanted him. It's all down to the players preference. In regards to michu, he wanted to play for ML <ok> also the Valencia winger Hernandez is apparently very close to joining us and has begged his club to let him leave to us for 5-6m... He would also be taking a wage cut to play for us. Money isn't always everything in football.

15. Grifter

Graham moved to you before we had Fernandez as owner. Frankly we were a mess under Flavio and Bernie, so i don't blame him.
    We have the smallest stadium in the premiership i think? But like i said, we're looking for a new one.
    I don't think it's fair to say money has been thrown at the club when we've got a net spend this summer of 1.5 million. To be honest we've got some of the richest owners in football, so if they'd wanted to throw money at us, than that's up to them. It certainly didn't do City any harm.
    I'm not saying anything controversial here, it's widely known how ambition our owners are. They're already attempting to "crack" asia, where we've supposedly already sold 100's of thousands of shirts.
    Out of interest, would you still be arguing over who had more of a draw for players if it had been us who'd won 5-0?
    Surely you're not offended by my suggestion purely because you played better football than us for 55 minutes?

16. swans-m

Noo not offended at all, just offering another opinion of why a player may choose a smaller club such as ourselves over money <ok>

17. Grifter

Fair enough :biggrin:
    It definitely happens. Craig Bellamy being case in point..

18. swans-m

I'm also assuming rvp. No doubt man city could have just threw 400k at him a week to blow manu's 250k out the water but he chose to play for them I'm guessing for footballing reasons.

19. Soopermack

Soopermack Member

You assume wrong, the reason he went to man utd is because they were the only ones(possibly stupid enough) to pay the £24million the gunners demanded!!

20. QPR12thman

QPR12thman Active Member

As I've said it before we do not want a south Korean in central midfield in such a physical league. And not for that price. I know we're desperate but he won't improve our team that much.

He'll probably join any club in the EPL as it's a massive step up from Celtic and swansea have the money from the Allen sale. The move makes sense. I'm sure this result will sway him too.