1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

SKD to Ipswich?

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Don Cortese, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Don Cortese

Don Cortese Member

Thats the rumour down here, would make sense given their goalkeeping crisis, plus he knows Mick McArthy and has also played at the club before...

2. Don Cortese

Don Cortese Member

3. lamby

lamby Needs a cold shower

Yep already mentioned it on the transfer thread. Don't want him to laeve but if he wants to continue playing maybe he will feel he has to move!

4. stjohnson

stjohnson Active Member

If he goes, good luck to him great servant to the club

5. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

If he wants to go, let him. If he wants to stay, keep him around and them offer him a nice little coaching role or some such if wants it.

Whatever he wants to do he deserves it to be his choice. (Unless it's start games for Saints in the Premier League, in which case unfortunately he's **** out of luck by the looks of things)

6. lamby

lamby Needs a cold shower

Spot on!

7. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

Don't leave Kelv, at least not till we get the anger management report on Borat.

8. Saints Fan4Life

Saints Fan4Life Well-Known Member

Can't see it

9. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

I can understand him going if he wants to keep playing for a bit longer. I think it's really tough that he had such a difficult start in the PL (City, Man U, Arsenal) and now looks like he will not get a game without injuries. It's not even as if he was replaced by a good PL keeper which would have been understandable. After what he has done for us he deserves it to be his choice.

10. Ian Thumwood

Ian Thumwood Well-Known Member

I'm staggered by this. Whilst I think Kelvin has lost a bit of form this season, I think he is still our best keeper by a long chalk and also one of the finist English keepers around. Whilst it is good to give youngsters like Gazza a chance, Kevin is still THE man behind the sticks. I feel a big sad about this as he has been a great servant for the club and a model professional. I believe that he felt he had a point to make in returning to the Premiership and he deserves a much better crack of the whip that he has had to date. It will be gutting if he is allowed to leave for Ipswich.

11. BigBadBoruc

BigBadBoruc Member

Would be sickening! Can't see us selling our captain plus kelv has nothing to prove in the champ!!! Get him in for the away games and boruc in at home

12. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

Yep I can't help but agree with you Fran it is probably the best route for him if he wants to prolong is career by a couple or three years.

13. I Sorry I Ruined The Party

I Sorry I Ruined The Party Well-Known Member

Would honestly rather see Saints get relegated with Davis in goal (though I think he is better that Gazzaniga) than Saints stay up or even go to European competition by turning into a Man U/Chelsea/Man City kind of club where loyalty takes a back seat to what happened in the last three games.

14. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Yeah, but hopefully those are not the only options. Hopefully we can survive in the Premier League without betraying the loyalty of the players who got us here. But we'll need a keeper capable of competing at this level, and I'm not sure that was ever going to be Kelvin. If he wants to move on to continue playing first team football, let him do so with our blessing. If he wants a place on the coaching staff, lets hope we can accommodate him there. But if he prefers to stay and see out his contract, he'll have to accept that he may have to wait a long time to get a start.

15. NN-Saint

NN-Saint Member

That's been his problem. Maybe that's why he let in 6 goals at Arsenal! :)

16. JustAnotherSaintSupporter

I dont see a problem here. SKD has been great for us but if in the twilight of his career he wants regular first team football then go to a club that he knows and wants him. If he wants to stay then great he will be good back up so the choice is his--probably?

17. Qwerty

Qwerty Well-Known Member

It's the Football League loan deadline today and there's not been much suggestion that this is on, so unless someone starts making some very late phone calls he will be staying until January.

18. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

He'll become GK coach.