1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sir Alex Ferguson - "I'm enjoying watching United"

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by UnitedinRed, Dec 7, 2015.

1. UnitedinRed

UnitedinRed Well-Known Member

2. Sweats

Sweats Fat lives matter
    Forum Moderator

Well he is talking utter ****ing ****. He is employed by the club still and towing the line.

He is lying to try and appease fans. It's dross boring football with no intent. I agree with chief we will end up like Arsenal. Though with worse football on display.

Any of the other managers he mentioned would do a better job. I just hope we get pep or Carlo.

3. UnitedinRed

Maybe so. Though he knows the task at hand better than anyone so knows what he's talking about.

4. Sweats

Sweats Fat lives matter
    Forum Moderator

Moyes knew the task at hand better than most and failed. Van gaal needs to do the honourable thing and allow us to get pep. Stand aside.

5. He also fears Liverpool and Klopp ;)

6. Sweats

Sweats Fat lives matter
    Forum Moderator

My point confirmed. I he is talking ****e. Probably has Alzheimer's now and may have been drunk..

7. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I don't think HE did. Nor did a lot of the fans considering the ****e they chucked at him.

I haven't read the article and if Ferguson is enjoying then I can see what he's saying in that he's been there and knows the magnitude of the task and so I would guess he's fascinated and enjoying someone else have a crack at it. He can't have enjoyed it with Moyes as it was apparent fairly quickly it would be beyond him.

It shouldn't be beyond van Gall though. Right now it's looking like it is unfortunately. Maybe in January he'll throw some more money at the issue and we'll see what happens then.

I don't really think it's van Gaal who will turn us into Arsenal, there just seems to be this very weird acceptance that what we're getting is somehow ok and if we get fourth and make a bit of cash in the CL group stages everything is just peachy.

Like **** it is.

8. Sweats

Sweats Fat lives matter
    Forum Moderator

When I said moyes knew what he was doing better than most, what I was aiming at was he HAD managed a club in the premiership and done reasonably well at it.

As to turning us into Arsenal I think van gaal could be responsible for that. As he could indeed turn us into also rans. Where the board are just happy being in the champions league.

9. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Moyes said too many daft stuff that gave the game away that he didn't know the size of the job. Stupid, naive things.

A lot of fans can take responsibility for the old 'this lot won the league under Fergie, how hard can it be?' attitude also.

Treble and Christiansmith like this.
  10. UnitedinRed

<laugh>

Don't hold back Sweats.

11. Stan

Stan Stalker

The way I read it was that he's enjoying being a spectator rather than a manager.

Obviously there's no way he's enjoying the style of play as its ****ing negative and tedious.

He wouldn't say anything to undermine LVG anyway.

12. Stick Sky Sports News on, they keep showing the interview

13. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Moyes was his own worst enemy. Did really daft mistakes and lost the respect of the players. As for the fans many didn't realise how difficult it is to win the league and to follow fergie.

Fergie can see the difference between the 2 managers. He may play attractive football but he is first and foremost a winner. He'll take winning dull over losing an exciting match any day. So would most of the fans: we need a compromise. A bore draw at OT is not acceptable but so is an exciting 2-3 defeat.

The football will improve with the results. <ok>

UnitedinRed likes this.
  14. UnitedinRed

Fergies got several t-shirts for just this sort of thing, him having been there and done it, several times.

15. Stan

Stan Stalker

That suggests you have it on permanently which would explain a lot!

As I said he's not going to say anything to undermine the current manager. He's employed by the club. It's not rocket science but maybe Sky Sports News has convinced you otherwise Mary.

16. UnitedinRed

Scholes
    Schmeichel
    Yorke

Also employed by the club. Didn't stop them tbf. Though I do agree but I think Fergie would give it away if he was lying. Nobody believed his 'no value' claims because you could see right through him. On this I think he feels the job isn't an easy one and sees the subtle improvements and also the use of youth, which Fergie himself loved but wasn't able to utilise as much later on.

17. Stan

Stan Stalker

Fergie also thinks Chelsea should stick with Jose so he's on the wind up!

18. Stan

Stan Stalker

They're club ambassadors UIR. Their role is to attend events and smile at consumer fans. Fergie is a club director. Criticism from him would be a vote of no confidence from the board.

Just to clarify, have you been enjoying all these 0-0 draws with a couple of shots on target per game?

19. UnitedinRed

They should. He's spot on with that one. Hopefully they don't though and sack him so the circus goes on.

20. UnitedinRed

Didn't enjoy Palace or City. The rest varied from dull to decent. I'm not just excited by shots though, which does help.