1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Sinead O’Connor rip

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Brainman, Jul 26, 2023.

1. Brainman

Brainman Well-Known Member

Jesus. 56. I have quite a few of her albums. Saw her live in Liverpool in the 90’s

Amazing writer and singer.

Nordic, Sunderpitt, Snaggey and 4 others like this.
  2. Montysoptician

Montysoptician Well-Known Member

Not everyone's cup of tea, but in my opinion a beautiful voice and one of the bravest around standing up to the Catholic Church when they refused to condemn the sexual assaults of children in their care
    RIP Sinéad

Last edited: Jul 26, 2023
    Nordic, Snaggey, TopCat_ and 2 others like this.
  3. Montysoptician

Sorry Brainman didn't see your thread before creating mine. Please delete my thread @Gordon Armstrong

Gordon Armstrong likes this.
  4. Bizarreknives

Bizarreknives Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Had a beautiful voice. R.I.P.

Snaggey and Montysoptician like this.
  5. Montysoptician

RIP Sinéad

Not everyone's cup of tea, but in my opinion a beautiful voice and one of the bravest people around, standing up to the Catholic Church when they refused to condemn the sexual assaults of children in their care

Snaggey and Robertson like this.
  6. young2077

young2077 Well-Known Member

Not sure if it's been said how she died but I wouldn't be surprised to hear she lost her life to suicide.

Seems like she always struggled and that probably got worse after losing her son to it.

7. sheepman

sheepman Well-Known Member

Real shock.
    She was a tortured soul who has had more than her share of issues to deal with in her life.
    RIP Sinéad

8. John Wick

John Wick Well-Known Member

The Voice

49er, Snaggey, Ronsafc and 2 others like this.
  9. FellTop

FellTop Well-Known Member

What a ****ty week this is turning into for RIPs. Second time my breath has been taken away.

RIP Sinead. An icon in more ways than one. I heard 'that' vocal for the first time, as an electronic music nerd, and I cried a little bit. A beautiful beautiful lady.

Montysoptician and Snaggey like this.
  10. TopCat_

TopCat_ Well-Known Member

Very very sad. Lost her son last year and now she's gone too.

Amazing voice and a very brave woman. RIP Shuhada

Montysoptician, Robertson and Snaggey like this.

11. Snaggey

Snaggey Well-Known Member

Sad, sad, news this.
    Beautiful, haunting voice, a very talented lady.
    I remember when she first came on the scene, I thought she was stunningly beautiful.
    Hope she's now found peace,

R.I.P. Bonny Lass.

Montysoptician, Robertson and TopCat_ like this.
  12. TopCat_

TopCat_ Well-Known Member

Lovely words mate

Montysoptician and Snaggey like this.
  13. flandersmackem

flandersmackem Well-Known Member

A beautiful lady and beautiful voice who didn't find life that easy...RIP

14. The Exile II

The Exile II Well-Known Member

Yeah. One of those people who ticks all the mental health boxes but can never get them fixed for whatever reason, unfortunately. I often think with famous people it's even more difficult because they have people around them invested in them not changing. Sad to see.

young2077 likes this.
  15. Robertson

Robertson Well-Known Member

Edit - apologies as this probably belongs in Things that aren’t worth a new thread. It’s a bit disrespectful on this thread…

I’m not keen on Morissey’s views normally but this is powerful:

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/you-know-i-couldn-t-last?mibextid=Zxz2cZ

She had only so much ‘self’ to give. She was dropped by her label after selling 7 million albums for them. She became crazed, yes, but uninteresting, never. She had done nothing wrong. She had proud vulnerability … and there is a certain music industry hatred for singers who don’t ‘fit in’ (this I know only too well), and they are never praised until death - when, finally, they can’t answer back. The cruel playpen of fame gushes with praise for Sinead today … with the usual moronic labels of “icon” and “legend”. You praise her now ONLY because it is too late. You hadn’t the guts to support her when she was alive and she was looking for you. The press will label artists as pests because of what they withhold … and they would call Sinead sad, fat, shocking, insane … oh but not today! Music CEOs who had put on their most charming smile as they refused her for their roster are queuing-up to call her a “feminist icon”, and 15 minute celebrities and goblins from hell and record labels of artificially aroused diversity are squeezing onto Twitter to twitter their jibber-jabber … when it was YOU who talked Sinead into giving up … because she refused to be labelled, and she was degraded, as those few who move the world are always degraded. Why is ANYBODY surprised that Sinead O’Connor is dead? Who cared enough to save Judy Garland, Whitney Houston, Amy Winehouse, Marilyn Monroe, Billie Holiday? Where do you go when death can be the best outcome? Was this music madness worth Sinead’s life? No, it wasn’t. She was a challenge, and she couldn’t be boxed-up, and she had the courage to speak when everyone else stayed safely silent. She was harassed simply for being herself. Her eyes finally closed in search of a soul she could call her own. As always, the lamestreamers miss the ringing point, and with locked jaws they return to the insultingly stupid “icon” and “legend” when last week words far more cruel and dismissive would have done. Tomorrow the fawning fops flip back to their online ****posts and their cosy Cancer Culture and their moral superiority and their obituaries of parroted vomit … all of which will catch you lying on days like today … when Sinead doesn’t need your sterile slop.”

MORRISSEY
    26th July, 2023.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2023