1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Silence

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Norway, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Norway

Norway Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what is happening?
    I looked forward to this season thought it would be a fantastic one for Sunderland, unfortunately instead of wonderland it’s become slumberland.
    A manager who starts off with plan B (plan A would be to play people in their preferred positions), without a plan C. I’m not a BoB or BiB, not bothered if it was Quasimodo himself who managed the team if he got results.
    A chairman who goes off to be an ambassador for the club, the owner of the club becomes chairman.

Since these changes, has anyone heard anything positive from the club? Not a peep from the chairman ES, nothing has been heard from or know of the whereabouts of our ambassador NQ. Its depressing.

Deafened by the silence.

2. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

I asked the very same question the other day mate, so know what response you'll get...

But it don't wash the silence is deadly...

Maybe they are working hard behind the scenes, we're not privy to that information..but like you say "it's eeary"

3. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

As an opposing fan it would be easy to laugh and poke fun. The reality is I think Short is probably coming round to the idea that Bruce is not the man. Therefore why pass comment if you know a change is imminent. I'm sure Short has already told him "we need to be at a certain number of points by Xmas or you're a gonna". If he is thinking Bruce might go, he'll know there is little point in presenting fans with some grand plan to get everything back on track only to sack the captain of the ship not long later.

4. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

I would mate, got to admit...

But in all seriousness, you have raised a valid point.

5. flandersmackem

flandersmackem Well-Known Member

I think you're right Warm Pouch and more importantly I hope your right. Anything other than a win tomorrow we should see some action from Ellis Short

6. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I honestly think that Short cannot be so blind to the problems. He can't be burying his head in Steve's bossom and pretending the fans are happy, it's all ok. He has too much money invested now. A defeat this weekend and I think he's gone. Wouldn't be a bad thing as it would give any news boss a little time to devise some transfer plans (I'd highly recommend buying a left back...............)

The thing is I think Sunderland will see a dramatic change in their fortunes when the new boss comes in. Obviously they have to get the right guy but there is not much work needed to the squad in theory.

Its probably the main reason for Shorts patience. Bruce has assembled his own squad, any new man might want to change a few things. This equals more expense. At some point though you have to bite the bullet. You can see why the European clubs take transfer policy out of the managers hands. they just present them with a squad and say "manage it". They have some say but not much. It means when you have to sack the boss or he departs for pastures new, you don't have to overhaul the squad again.

7. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

What is desperately needed right now is a hefty doze of confidence whether it be for the manager, players or supporters; and the only way to get that is with a string of good results....I agree that the Wigan game is now of increased significance in respects to the above, and a defeat could prove disastrous to all concerned...

8. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

Norway nice to hear from you hope your well, not bothered if the Marx bros manage S/land AS LONG AS WE GET RESULTS

9. Norway

Norway Well-Known Member

Cheers Rog. would feel better if we could get a few wins. How did your Africa trip go?

10. safc1978

safc1978 Well-Known Member

This 100%