1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Siggy signed!!

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by neveroffsidereff, Jul 23, 2014.

1. roofjack_22

roofjack_22 Well-Known Member

They will both struggle at theyre respective clubs , especially Davies . 10 million £ --- The illusion of a trade ...I guess you could make them worth 100 million £ as long as its a trade ...lol Now Vorm going for the price he's going for is no laughing matter . Siggy didnt want to leave the Spurs so Im a bit apprehensive but welcome to you're new digs . You will have to work harder for you're goals this time around but you're semi bad stint with the Spurs might ---- you on, giddy up

2. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

Blimey Roof cheer up mate!

3. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

In the Mascherano role....................

4. ivoralljack

ivoralljack Well-Known Member

If Siggy is valued at £8 million and the deal with Ben is a straight swap then that values Ben at the same figure. Whatever, the figure agreed for Vorm is pathetic.

5. ivoralljack

ivoralljack Well-Known Member

Jazz NOT PL quality; Tiendalli NOT PL quality and the "young Scottish kid" - is he the same one who got toasted in the USA recently? We're OK at CB but short on quality cover at FB as I see it.

6. roofjack_22

Im as happy as any football fan can be glame , every Swan fan should recognize how special our ride has been through an amazing ( although Im starting to lean to lucky ) board who rose us through the ranks without fanfare or money .We took the Premier by storm , again without fanfare or money . Suddenly , with fanfare and money .........Huw snapped basically .....I loved Huw , love Huw and will always love Huw but ....Who knows , maybe we will finish top ten , maybe we will get relegated ....I will be a happy either way , happier one way. Even if it doesnt continue , Swansea are one of the most important club teams in the world because if we can do it with nothing ....

7. roofjack_22

Nice to see never with an article . He never ....

8. Norway-jack

Norway-jack Well-Known Member

Im sorry but Jazz,Dwight, and the young Scottsih kid arnt exactly Premier league standard .

In the case of Rangel, he is losing his pace and slowly becoming more of a liability in defence. Dwight isa bit up and down,sometimes very capable sometimes not .

I think Mikra is correct, we are short of quality in defence. We have no decent cover for Taylor or Rangel . Bartley hasnt proved anything yet either so a bit early to consider him good back up.

Defence is our main problem, was last season and will be this season. Taylor for Ben will be better defensively but thats about it.

9. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Disagree about Bartley, the couple of appearances he had looked very impressive, strong, commanding and very solid in the tackle. But agree, I'd still like another fullback or two.

10. Nosugarman

Nosugarman Member

Attack wise, especially if JDG comes back, we are ok. Unless Monk thinks Fulton, when he fit, is up to the job we need a ball winning defensive midfielder to play in front of the back four because Leon is our only player who can do this job properly. I would like to see a 25/27 year old right back arrive too.

11. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

You assume Taylor is Prem quality , he isn't. It also a myth that he is defensively better than Ben Davies.
    Taylor is and always has been a liability in terms of timing tackles and not getting back to defend when he's pushed forward? he is more likely to pass back or sideways and doesn't come close to competing in the air (which Ben wasn't great at either). Taylor wants out ... again and he blames others for his errors.
    IMHO he's back up but at least we still have someone to talk to Radio Cymru.

12. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Bob, of course Taylor is Prem quality, he's already proved it <doh>

Also where are the sources that Neil wants out now?

13. Dragonborn

Dragonborn Active Member

Was about to say exactly the same Valley. People here repeat rumours with an air of authority unfortunately.

14. Pricy147

Pricy147 Active Member

I think Taylor will do a decent enough job - perhaps more steady than Davies defensively, but agree with others - he does pass sideways and back an awful lot which stifles the attack. Rarely see him make runs in behind the defence, and support the winger up front.

Personally feel we need two full backs - one in each position (LB, RB), and also a defensive midfielder - then I think we will be complete. Would assume Ki could play DM role - so getting JDG back may work well - esp on a loan. Would like to see early-mid twenties LB/RB come in and push Taylor/Rangel for first team. Remember -Taylor sometimes acted as backup for Rangel last year - something he cannot do this year if he is already playing LB.

15. swanselona

swanselona Well-Known Member

People go on about Taylor not making runs behind, do any of you remember who he used to play behind? A certain Mr Scott Sinclair, I remember many times where Taylor would run up the field and be completely ignored by Sinclair.

16. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Just before Taylor's injury he had a blinding year with the swans and the Olympic GB team! IMO give him regular game time and his confidence back, you will see the old Taylor soon enough! But agree we need a first team ready player preferably one that can play both sides RB/LB

Also remember when Bartley covered RB (FA cup against Arsenal) do you think he might be the cover for that position behind Tiendalli?

17. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

The only reason our defence was so bad last season, was down to Laudrup, who moved it too far forward, with his insane changes to our game, much like the way he narrowed our game down in the midfield and final third!...............<ok>

18. DragonPhilljack

Taylor is quality and the reason why Newcastle wanted him, but all he needs is a season to get back to form, and I'm sure we will start to see the real Taylor second half of this coming season. I'm very happy with the Ben Siggy swap, I think both teams have had what they wanted from this deal, we had two first class LB's which no way could we keep happy this season, Taylor would have gone somewhere, and we have let Ben be exchanged for a game changing Midfielder we needed after the petulance of the Michu child. I think that with our vastly improved front line strikers, someone like Michu was a luxury anyway, far better to have a creator of goals for Bony and Gomis, and with Emnes now fully signed, I'm very excited for our coming season, and I really cannot understand all the negativity on here, I can only conclude it is some malingering sour grapes left over from the Laudrup era, lets move on shall we!.........<ok>

19. Cherry Jack

Cherry Jack Member

I know we've all been a bit down in the dumps about losing Davies and to a lesser extent Vorm, but I'm so glad Siggy is back. This reddit comment I saw sums up my improved optimistic mood atm:

"I never thought we'd be as thrifty in the transfer window as we were with Laudrup, but so far we've bought Fabianski, Gomis and Gylfi all for the price of a full back we already have a replacement for!"

20. DragonPhilljack

Exactly, and now Sky Sports are reporting we have signed Monty!......................<cheers>