1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Shrewsbury vs Wolves

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by Matster, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The FA Cup new heights with a super heavy weight match where Wolves hope they can make a breakthrough against Shrewsbury.

Unfortunately for everyone involved Dave Edwards is nursing a groin strain so is out of contention. Town will field a string side, but Whalley is doubtful to start but could feature on the bench.

Wolves might be paying their players the bug wages but Shrewsbury will take it to them and push for aan outright win.

Come on you blues and Floreat Salopia

Zenfootball2 likes this.
  2. Zenfootball2

Zenfootball2 Active Member

i just hope town turn up and try there best , we are looking rather thin up front, smith cant play, holloway is injured so forwards Angol who was dismal in the reserve game and just did not try ran 4 times! in the whole game and ferjiri

3. Zenfootball2

what a roller coaster game when you think that Traore is valued at £18 million , it says a lot for towns work rate and pressing that limited Wolves to two chances in the first half, i just wanted to town to turn up and try and they certainly did all of that.
    Haynes had his hands full with Traore(37) and Bennett(2)
    Docherty grew in to the game and did some really good crosses , ferjiri deserves some credit for the assist showed pace and determination with a lovely weighted pass as Docherty powered through to blast town in the lead
    but my of the match of the match was Laurent he broke up numerous attacks and did some nice link play to put Wolves on there back foot . town were in dreamland as waterfall headed us 2-0.
    Wolves substitutions had an impact Arnold made a reflex save low to his left . it seems churlish to be disappointed with a draw but we conceded two soft goals ,unmarked on the far post to score an easy goal then cruelly in extra time a free header.
    disappointed to hear on the radio that a small number of town fans were throwing things at the wolves fans.
    today town exceeded my expectations lots to be proud of in the style we played ,how we made a premiership team look fairly ordinary and going for it with a 3/5/2 formation.
    now the $64,000 question can anyone explain to me why we are not playing like that in the league?

4. Zenfootball2

5. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

Agree with you Zen but we can be mighty proud of our lads - they all turned up and put in a great shift and managed to go 2-0 up despite having very limited chances. Great strike from Docherty who would be my Man of the Match. I was also very pleased to see Whalley coming on and looking fit - we should now play him on the right and get Docherty further up the pitch. To conceded so late makes it feel like a defeat but we forced a team who are eighth in the Premier League to put virtually their strongest team on at the end and almost held on. It is not over yet - we seem to be reserving our best performances for away in cup replays - I am looking forward to another visit to Molineux in ten days time.

Zenfootball2 likes this.