1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Shrewsbury v Gillingham

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by grumpygit, Sep 26, 2018.

1. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

Well, on paper this should be a winnable match, but those immortal words "football isn't played on paper" spring to mind.
    Shrewsbury have the same number of points as us after 1 win and 4 draws, Defensively they are far better than us with only 9 goals conceded but don't have much of a presence up front with only 7 scored.
    Can our forward line crack their resilient defence without our back line getting caught out on the counter.
    I think this is potentially the most winnable game so far, hopefully our lads are injury free and up for the challenge.

brb likes this.
  2. WINDYROG

WINDYROG Well-Known Member

A point is the minimum needed to stem to flow......but not hopeful.

grumpygit and brb like this.
  3. brb

brb CR250

I want you to cast your mind back to 2008 - That was the month of September to. What was that, you've forgotten, too long ago, let me help...

Back in them days we was on the old BBC606 Forum, when Stimmo was our God....any closer to remembering?

No!

Well it wasn't pretty let's put it that way, but it ended like all good fairy tales should end.....Jaaaaaacko

It's going to happen again i can feel it in my water, either than or my bag needs emptying <laugh>

Actually, interesting to note, two managers that achieved us success, Mad-Dog and Stimmo were both treated appallingly, no wonder no one ever wants to come here! (Albeit one of my worst memories was the abuse i witnessed after the Dover game under Hessy - never ever want to witness that again) - I think that was when the anti Scally graffiti got done.

Anyway, I'm straying off topic now............7-0

grumpygit likes this.
  4. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

A bad result indeed!
    But what a good season.
    upward and onward.

: gillingham