1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Shrewsbury Town v Sunderland - Saturday 26th October - KO 15:00

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by RTB, Oct 24, 2019.

?

Your prediction

Poll closed Oct 26, 2019.
  1. Home win

10.6%
  2. Away win

72.7%
  3. Draw

16.7%
  1. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

I agree about Watmore but the only way to get match fit and sharp again is by playing. You hear players say that when recovering they need games. He played a full 90 then 2 hours. It will help him in the long run. But, as you say, will it be detrimental to us?

I for one am glad he’s got those games under his belt. He looked sharp on Tuesday. Not as sharp yesterday (but then his “partner” played far better Tuesday too. We hit the woodwork 4 times yesterday didn’t we? And McGeady missed a sitter at 0-0. On another day that’s another Tranmere result. Just didn’t click like the Tranmere game. I’m still taking positives from the game. A lot of my mates say we were rubbish, I ask if those chances go in and we win 3 or 4-1 then we play well!! Same performance just a little more luck

2. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Nice post GHM , and welcome to our site, but I think maybe we know a little more about our team than you give credit for, we had one player in last years league eleven, and he is not everyones cup of tea, Our form this season has been very disappointing and if it continues we will struggle to make the play offs, let alone top two. Just check our away form and you will see what I am getting at, three recent games we failed to score and one at Bolton were we got out of jail with a stoppage time soft penalty, add to that that we cant keep a clean sheet and you get the measure of the task our new manager has, it always looks greener on the other side of the hill, and we certainly have one to climb.

RTB and Sunderpitt like this.
  3. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Could always be worse.

We could have spent £41million on Joelinton. There are better footballers in Hollyoaks.

4. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

5. marcusblackcat

Forum Moderator

At least they didn’t spend £21m on Almiron though... oh...

smithy in nl likes this.
  6. marcusblackcat

Forum Moderator

****ing hell monty! Niall Quinn nearly bankrupted the club you idiot! Completely clueless

Ozzymac and smithy in nl like this.
  7. Sheep Farmer

Sheep Farmer Well-Known Member

Question for you and any of the SAFC fans at the game - how did Don Love play? I thought that we wrote him off very early and the fans had pre-determined that he was garbage, but I'd have thought him a better bet than Mclaughlin.

8. marcusblackcat

Forum Moderator

Great question (one I’d like the answer to too)

Took a great throw in! Think that’s the sad reality of his time with us! That’s all I remember about him